Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Please set all controllers to neutral

mclingo

Reaction score
Brand new user here, I cant get mine working at all with either of my PS4 controllers... just keeps saying set all controllers to neutral, they are in neutral on screen so this MUST be a bug with the app, really needs an option to IGNORE and continue anyway.

Anyone have a workaround for this?

Thanks in advance :)

Hello,

which app do you use?
How did you connect the controller to the smartphone, via Blutooth or OTG cable?

Reactions: mclingo
i ended up buying the T1D controller, problem solved but thanks for the reply. Next purchase.. wifi extender :)

Brand new user here, I cant get mine working at all with either of my PS4 controllers... just keeps saying set all controllers to neutral, they are in neutral on screen so this MUST be a bug with the app, really needs an option to IGNORE and continue anyway.

Anyone have a workaround for this?

Thanks in advance :)
Hey,
You can try Free Drone AI application to fly Tello drone with your PS5 or Xbox controllers from your MacBook or Windows machine. The basic version is free, where you can fly and have access to all cinematography features. AI features like human pose detection, face tracking and object detection are paid.

You can download application here, and see a demo of application.

Cheers !!

Last edited:
Hello,

which app do you use?
How did you connect the controller to the smartphone, via Blutooth or OTG cable?
I have the same problem with my smart phone to connect to the controller.
What should I do?

I ended up sending this back as this started happening with their own T1D controller too, I decided to to pump a bit more cash in and get the MIMI X8 as the video footage on this is just horrible most of the time, its fantastic for the price and an ideal beginners drone but you can get 4k GPS with 30min flight time now for £300, once you've bought a case, some more batteries, a controller and a few other bits you are getting close to £200 with this, just dont think its worth it anymore.

I cant knock it for the money I paid for it though, £60 as new refurbished, i'd still recommend this for Kids and beginners, but if you know you are going to get into droning like I did, put a bit more cash down.

I tried both the tello app and FPV, I had most of my issues with FPV but that as many more features than the really basic tello app. Try connecting a USB controller instead of using it with bluetooth, I think its interference on the 2.4g side which is causing most of my problems as both the bluetooth and WIFI use 2.4g, I even tried XIAOMI wifi extender, still had issues with poor video quality and frame drops.

I have the same problem with my smart phone to connect to the controller.
What should I do?
buy a OTG adapter and connect the controller directly to your phone, dont use bluetooth, I still had some issues but it was instantly better this way.

On the original topic of "set all stick to neutral":
Controllers deliver -100% ... 0 ... 100% values for each axis.
TelloFpv expects to see 0 when in neutral position, and warns if that is not the case on takeoff. Some don't do that reliably. PS controllers reliably return to a low percentage, like 1-3%. Gamesirs are particularly known for controller creep, where the stick just moves by itself. Must be some cheap gimbal sensor going bad.

The solution is to add a little deadzone in the controller settings for all affected axes, say 5%. Then TelloFpv ignores any input below 5% or so.
Another workaround is to use the CSC combined stick command (both sticks full inward & down) to start engines. But then of course the drone will act according to the non-zero stick value the controller sends.

buy a OTG adapter and connect the controller directly to your phone, dont use bluetooth, I still had some issues but it was instantly better this way.
Can you recommend an OTG adapter that works with the T1d? This is the first post I've found that says you can connect the T1d with an OTG cable. I think being able to do that will solve a number of the signal interference issues my club is having.

t1s works with TelloFpv iOS via Bluetooth.

iOS does not support any controllers via USB OTG, only MFI controllers

No clue if it works with the Ryze app, as I never ever tried it on iOS

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan