Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Please tell me how to get a camera image when I program a telo formation flight in Python.

T.M

Reaction score
I am a Japanese student. I'm sorry if my English is strange.

I am writing a program by sending commands to TellSDK2.0.
When I used only one of TelloEdu, I sent the command ''''command''''and""streamon"" , and then programmed it as below to get the Tello camera image.
・cap = cv2.VideoCapture('udp://0.0.0.0:11111')
・ret,frame = cap.read()
・cv2.imshow('title',frame)

I succeeded in displaying the video on the PC screen using this method when using one.

However, the formation flight of three telloEDUs will not succeed in this way.
On the execution screen, go to 「streamon OK」 and nothing happens after that.
I don't know why there are some reasons. Will the UDP of the camera change if I use three?

The formation flight of telloEDU (simple movements such as forward and backward) itself is going well.
I look forward to your reply.
I have never used this site. I'm sorry if I asked you a question that I shouldn't ask on this site.

Last edited:
This is a supplementary explanation.
When using a single tello, the tello's IP address and port number are official ('192.168.10.1',8889).
The UDP for the tello camera is officially used ('udp://0.0.0.0:11111').

When I use 3 tellos, I connect 3 tellos to the wi-fi router and PC, and the IP address changes
tello1 ('192.168.100.112',8889).
tello2 ('192.168.100.113',8889)
tello3 ('192.168.100.114',8889)
This IP address is connected to wi-fi and I obtained it by scanning it with an application on my computer.
The tello camera's UDP uses the same UDP ('udp://0.0.0.0:11111'), but it was not able to retrieve the video. The ''''streamon'''' seems to have been sent, so I think the tello IP address is correct and the camera UDP is incorrect.

Will UDP change if I change the IP address? Even if it changes, I don't know the value after the change. Can't I use a camera on a formation flight in the first place?

I look forward to your reply.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97bugsinthecode