Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Polarizing filter possiblities.

Davenwolf

Reaction score
Hi folks, as you know the Tello suffers terribly from lens flair and with reflections so I was thinking of trying some polarizing film/gel in front of the lens. Now I can't seem to find any in Australia. So if anyone is interested in this and can buy a sheet and try it out I will pay for the sheet. If it doesn't work then it was a lesson, if it does all I ask is for you to post me some of the sheet in a standard envelope. Here's the link.
https://www.amazon.com/Polarizing-F...eST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=detail#customerReviews

OK, I will get it ordered. Amazon are quoting delivery in the middle of next week so if you send me your address details via personal message I will post it out to you. I will also send you my PayPal account name so you can send me half the cost and the postage.
Cheers
Paul

OK, I will get it ordered. Amazon are quoting delivery in the middle of next week so if you send me your address details via personal message I will post it out to you. I will also send you my PayPal account name so you can send me half the cost and the postage.
Cheers
Paul
sounds like a plan :)

OK, ordered :) Not a bad price imo - £6 with free delivery. I will have a look at postage options - it will weigh next to nothing presumably but here in the UK they have introduced size thresholds for postage costs as well as weight. Hopefully it will fall into the minimum band, I'll let you know.

Have to say I agree with your idea. This morning I have been looking at that 30 metre high photo thread and some of them are really good, the camera seems to be much better than I was expecting. Some kind of polariser can only improve things in sunny conditions and who knows maybe soon someone will hack the camera and we will have more control over the exposure. If we could decrease the frame rate for smoother more cinematic video maybe we will also need an ND filter solution too.

Cool. Just put a piece in a standard envelope mate.
I recon the camera could do with an anti alias filter to get rid of the moire when videoing grass and foliage.
Thanks for doing this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv