Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Power Bank for WiFi Range Extender

Lou M

Reaction score
I've had my Tello Boost Combo for about 3 weeks now. I've been using the paid version of Tello FPV, it's fantastic. It reminds me of DJI Go 4 for my Maivic Pro. On the recommendations of posters on here, I purchased a PIX-LINK WiFi Range Extender and a GameSir T1s Controller, I prefer physical joysticks. Now I'm looking for a Power Bank for the Range Extender. I'm looking for something that isn't too expensive. I was originally looking at one with 2 outputs. One for the Range Extender and the other to power the Tello Battery Charger, if needed. But those are a little more than I wanted to spend. Any recommendations? I saw this one, any opinions on it? Thanks for any input.

Reactions: MNNJR69
I think you should use it just for the Wifi extender, since recharge the tello batteries will drain out your powerbank real quickly, than, you will have the 3 batteries charged, but no more energy for the Wifi extender. and if you consider that each battery can get you 13 minutes of flying, 4x is almost an hour long...

Hello,

I don't know your financial situation but I would recommend spending a few extra dollars in purchasing a larger power bank. At least 10,000 mAh and with at least 2 USB ports and a built in flashlight. That way you can run the repeater and charge your Tello batteries, they only take 1100mAh each and if you purchase a larger power bank you will be able to recharge your batteries many times over and still have enough juice to spare! You never know when you'll need the extra power or a flashlight. They more than pay for themselves when you get in a situation where you need it! I bought this one at Walmart for about $30. It has 10,400mAh and when the lid to the USB ports is sealed completely it is waterproof up to 3 ft. It also has a quick charge capability.

Attachments

• 1576250140373732068763435256399.jpg
    1576250140373732068763435256399.jpg
    790.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 15762501859606043565476691317825.jpg
    15762501859606043565476691317825.jpg
    1,021.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Reactions: umanbean
This is the $26 self-contained answer to your problem:

Amazon.com: Smatree Portable Charging Station Compatible with DJI Tello Battery, Simultaneously Charge 3 Batteries: Camera & Photo

7200 mAh, charges three batteries simultaneously, has a USB port for your extender... luv it. I haven't pushed mine to the limit but should be able to charge 5-6 batteries and still have enough juice left for extender power. It recharges with 5v micro USB, so if I'm in the field close to my work van, I just keep it plugged into a cig lighter socket usb charger.

Thanks for all of the responses. It looks like the recommendation was to get something with more power. I don't need flashlight, my phone has one, and I'm not concerned about being waterproof. I had already looked at the Smatree, which looked good, but I decided on this Anker. It has twice the power of the Smatree and I already have the 3 Battery Tello Charger, which if needed can plug into one of the two charging ports. Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan