Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Prop Guards Off Increase Flight Time?

I have not tried it and though it might increase it a bit due to less weight and less wind resistance through the air, I can only imagine the gain to be small.

I guess it needs to be balanced against the fact that the prop guards provide added protection in the event of a strike of any description.

Personally I keep mine on.

J

According to my tests, there is a marginal increase in flight time. In addition, the drone is a little bit less noisy without the guards. Nevertheless, I keep mine on for protection. These props are darn hard to find when they get off...

Agreed, so marginally less flight time
2 minutes are awesome additional flight. with guard 10mins or less...
without guard 12mins 64sec...
very close to Ryze 13mins flight time description

I did a battery test with the tello just hovering, which is not as efficient as flying, but is very repeatable test. 2 minutes additional flight time . ?
No guards for me when flying outside.

Reactions: Chacky and Zeno
I did a battery test with the tello just hovering, which is not as efficient as flying, but is very repeatable test. 2 minutes additional flight time . ?
No guards for me when flying outside.
Love 2mins but scary when you hit something.. automatically shutdown your tello.unlike with props guard it bounced and just continue your flight

Love 2mins but scary when you hit something.. automatically shutdown your tello.unlike with props guard it bounced and just continue your flight
What you think??? without guard your tello suffer more From wind current? Or with guard suffering More?

Here I flew without guards for almost 14 minutes (of which 3 minutes in high-speed mode). The street was very strong wind, but the drone was quite stable even at an altitude of 30 meters.
Screenshot_2018-08-25-20-11-15-470_com.pinggusoft.aTelloPilot.png

Here I flew without guards for almost 14 minutes (of which 3 minutes in high-speed mode). The street was very strong wind, but the drone was quite stable even at an altitude of 30 meters.
View attachment 1296
That's amazing.. mine i got only 12min. 64sec...
BTW I've noticed with props guard when wind hit your tello are pushing more vs without guard what you think?i never fly outside... only inside...

That's amazing.. mine i got only 12min. 64sec...
BTW I've noticed with props guard when wind hit your tello are pushing more vs without guard what you think?i never fly outside... only inside...
Yes, especially this is noticeable in the high-speed mode, Tello leans degrees by 20 ° to compensate for the gust of wind.

Inside, flying quickly bored.
In Russia there is a saying: eyes are afraid, hands do ?

Yes, especially this is noticeable in the high-speed mode, Tello leans degrees by 20 ° to compensate for the gust of wind.

Inside, flying quickly bored.
In Russia there is a saying: eyes are afraid, hands do ?
Yeah your saying are true...my afraid to go outside fly..lol my propellers are full of scrashes one bend little already..xd..
Bro do you have facebook group about tello? Can i add you?

Yeah your saying are true...my afraid to go outside fly..lol my propellers are full of scrashes one bend little already..xd..
Join here guy's Facebook..Screenshot_2018-08-26-19-38-49-1442253943.png

I also broke one propeller flying indoors :) Be sure to join your community in facebook.

What app are you using? My screen looks totally different than this...
It's Atellopilot by bluejune his name here at forum.its paid another controller for Tello.. awesome application with Home return,head positioning,face tracking etc.features.download at Google store

Reactions: Clinton1
Don’t suppose aversion of atellopilot is available for iOS

J

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv