Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Propeller keeps flying off the shaft.

Mark Waco

Reaction score
Now for a interesting problem, the R F propeller after 4, 5 flights, flys off upon power up.
New propeller installed same reaction. As many times as it has crashed with the guards on only the RF flys off, any ideas?

Humor me here. The right front propeller should be CCW with no markings. Is that the case?

Propeller inserted properly? Insert the prop removal tool flush with the motor casing and pop the prop flush with the tool to ensure a correct gap.

Perhaps the tolerances/O.D. of the RF motor is different than the rest. Slimmer maybe? Add a tiny dab of glue (not super glue or Loctite) to the prop opening and adjust accordingly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Izwhtitiz
I had a similar problem. Put a very small drop of red lock tight on the tip of the shaft and then put the prop on. No lock tight visible after pressing on the prop. Set overnight and prop has not come off since. (Be very careful with amount of lock tight, if any gets into the motor bearing the Tello is toast)

RF is counter clockwise, if there is a marking on the motors or housings I can't find any. On the bottom of the motor housing, ccw has a big square, the cw has a small almost line on it.
I'll try the toothpick tip of res locktight. Thank you.

Stand corrected. The CW motors are at the 10 and 4 o'clock positions with the marked propellers.
035936nx3nc2lllvz1v3jr.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv