Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Props - Carbon Fiber or Alternatives?

Last edited:
I received these: Banggood propellers 75mm

They are heavier than the stock ones and have more thrust. I tried them in pretty strong wind and the stabilization on Tello was able to hold position better than with the stock ones. I flew them only on one battery, but I got feeling, that they might be a slightly quieter than the stock ones.P_20181014_200820.jpg

I received these: Banggood propellers 75mm

They are heavier than the stock ones and have more thrust. I tried them in pretty strong wind and the stabilization on Tello was able to hold position better than with the stock ones. I flew them only on one battery, but I got feeling, that they might be a slightly quieter than the stock ones.View attachment 1822
I just purchased these props, only because of your review, which I enjoyed. Thanks for that. Only question I have is battery life. How much do you loose with these?

Oh ****. Such influence :)

Regarding battery life I am not able to tell you any numbers as I didn't tested it in any comparable way. But heavier props and more thrust should mean more current and quicker drain of the battery.

I will try to measure them in the afternoon, if weather will be suitable.

Edit: I have written d a m n not anything vulgar.

Reactions: Ansia
I flew a little bit more with these. And I love them! Tello feels much more responsive to me. But I flew them after a small mod.

I wanted to make them lighter. So I took wire cutters and cut off the tip of the propeller. This makes them the same height as original Tello props. The tips together from all four weighted a bit more than I was expecting. Probably because the material is much better than original props. It is some kind of polycarbonate or something like this. Pretty tough to cut through.

This is how they look after the mod:

P_20181018_102409.jpg

Reactions: DinoBaldi and Ansia
I flew a little bit more with these. And I love them! Tello feels much more responsive to me. But I flew them after a small mod.

I wanted to make them lighter. So I took wire cutters and cut off the tip of the propeller. This makes them the same height as original Tello props. The tips together from all four weighted a bit more than I was expecting. Probably because the material is much better than original props. It is some kind of polycarbonate or something like this. Pretty tough to cut through.

This is how they look after the mod:

View attachment 1847
That's really interesting. I have a small scale that measures grams. Once I get my props. I will stary shaving, trying to match weight and see what happens. Thanks for the info.

I have read that the thrust of a propeller is related to the angle and surface area of the blade not length but read more because their is an equation. I am on the same path and know that the red Tello Talent propellers are 1/100 of a gram lighter which wouldn't work the motor as hard.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv