Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Recommended Wifi Extender (highly portable)

Is there a difference having it so close to your phone or 10' feet away on a bank? Quality close, distance/brick or something like that?
No difference, having it on a powerbank makes it last longer and get rids of the lag from the interference
Having it on your phone reduces the risk of it getting stolen

What does this WiFi booster send out? Is it using 802.11N? I know that the phone is using 5GHZ and the drone is using around 2.4ghz so it would make sense to change the signal from the phone as 2.4ghz travels further than a 5ghz. Does that make sense?

Lag from interference? I've not experienced any lag, and I've been using mine plugged into the phone
yes there is a small bit of lag, not noticeable though but extremely important to get rid of when flying in fast mode
the lag Ms not the frame lag

Just as a warning: You can only setup the Xiaomi WiFi Repeater by installing the Mi Home App, which also requires to register a Mi Home account... Unless I missed another method... Please correct me if I am wrong.

Otherwise it works quite well. Once it is setup for the Tello, you do not need the App anymore.

Are there any good alternatives without registration or need of a special app?

Reactions: dannyperon
Does nobody know of ANY other than this horrible peace of crap, that requires a software that you have make an account, and they did not bother to even translate, with its blank pages.

why are we supporting this peace of *** repeater, there must be another one that works with tello.

i happen to have another cheap repeater that i could not make work with tello, but it allows you to login to the repeater with no extra software needed and set what its repeating and all the settings, works perfectly, somehow does not work with tello and could not figure why not

just could not get it to work with tello, but there must be another that works.

if you think i'm over reacting try the Mi Home that you must use with the Xiaomi Mi WiFi Repeater 2

Attachments

• IMG_20180726_184316497.jpg
    IMG_20180726_184316497.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 38
Last edited:
i figured it out, but when it gives you the blank screen you need to have our tello powered, its just a blank screen but its asking you what the thing you want to repeat is.

this was the only problem i had with it, the no translations and just totally blank screens where you are asked to do things.

i have no idea how the first person figured this out.

Greetings fellow Tello ians. I'm very late to this discussion but someone always has to be so hey ho.
So .. MiHome app on my Samsung S7. Xiaomi Range extender on the armrest of my chair. Account created..What next? Does anybody have a step by step idiotproof guide of how to connect to the extender/tello (with pictures would help) I shall thank you ALL now before the multitude of outstanding result fly in :-D

Greetings fellow Tello ians. I'm very late to this discussion but someone always has to be so hey ho.
So .. MiHome app on my Samsung S7. Xiaomi Range extender on the armrest of my chair. Account created..What next? Does anybody have a step by step idiotproof guide of how to connect to the extender/tello (with pictures would help) I shall thank you ALL now before the multitude of outstanding result fly in :-D
I followed the steps from "Inspector gadget" on youtube.

Reactions: andr3w
Does nobody know of ANY other than this horrible peace of crap, that requires a software that you have make an account, and they did not bother to even translate, with its blank pages.

why are we supporting this peace of *** repeater, there must be another one that works with tello.

i happen to have another cheap repeater that i could not make work with tello, but it allows you to login to the repeater with no extra software needed and set what its repeating and all the settings, works perfectly, somehow does not work with tello and could not figure why not

just could not get it to work with tello, but there must be another that works.

if you think i'm over reacting try the Mi Home that you must use with the Xiaomi Mi WiFi Repeater 2
maybe this one works for 5.8ghz and you need 2.4ghz (tello is only 2.4ghz). Any wifi extender with the right frequency should work with tello. The OP's setup isn't good for reception assuming you must face your tello, the antenna shoud be facing tello on the mi logo side.

if you want the extender to be even marginally usefull, don't just leave it on the ground, you can probably get triple the effect if you put it about human height, you probably get LESS than your phone if you are normally standing with just your cellphone at height.

just keep using the phone if you are going to just dump the extender thing on the ground level...

going to get amazing reception there, at ground.

you wont get anything extra from this extender, extender is 10cm off the ground.

why is this so hard, height of the thing is a big issue, get it at least same height you used the phone if you want to compare them.

people just testing, i dont see any difference, and their phone is high up on their hand, and the extender is on the ground.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James_All-In