Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Reversing the throttle down

Md Jawadul Gani

Reaction score
Hi mates,
Did anyone tried using the throttle option in the controller in a reverse mood? Like controlling an actual aircraft pilot?
If so, how does it affect the piloting experience? I wish to know.

Did anyone tried using the throttle option in the controller in a reverse mood?

I know this function and depending of the app you use you can activate this. But I did not use it because I fly a drone and not an aircraft. ;)

If so, how does it affect the piloting experience?

You can find it out if you try it.
And if you're not happy with it, just switch back.

I know this function and depending of the app you use you can activate this. But I did not use it because I fly a drone and not an aircraft. ;)

You can find it out if you try it.
And if you're not happy with it, just switch back.
Shall try that on my roof tomorrow morning. Hope it will produce some smooth results. Especially while I'm recording a video while ascending.

How long You're into flying drones?
Since May last year.

Do you own a fleet?
Yes.
Eachine E58, Lichitoys L60xx, Jamara 4Joy and the Tello.

On my first flight I crashed the e58. Then I had to wait for the replacements. So I came to the Lichi. Then I bought the Jamara for excersizing indoor and at the end I've been getting the Tello. And now I almost fly only the Tello.
When the weather is better I go out and than could be, that I also fly the others. Except the Jamara. It's impossible to fly this little thing outside with the wind.

Where did you come from? India - I guess? (please don't beat me if it's wrong. ;))

No pal. I'm from Bangladesh. What made you think I'm from India? There's a lot of countries with ppl of almost similar name!?

Tello is my first drone. I have plans to buy a spark fly more combo by the end of this year.

There's a lot of countries with ppl of almost similar name!
Oh yeah - you're so far away. In fact that sounds so similar to me. :unsure:

Tello is my first drone.
You will have a lot of fun with this little bat. :)(y)

I have plans to buy a spark fly more combo by the end of this year.
I was also thinking about. But for my use case the Tello is enough. It's only a hobby and a little bit of playing. Therefor the financial effort is reasonable.
Maybe I will change my mind in a couple of months. ;)

Oh yeah - you're so far away. In fact that sounds so similar to me. :unsure:

You will have a lot of fun with this little bat. :)(y)

I was also thinking about. But for my use case the Tello is enough. It's only a hobby and a little bit of playing. Therefor the financial effort is reasonable.
Maybe I will change my mind in a couple of months. ;)
I wish my country had a easier law for flying drones. Tello's good. But i feel sad that, i always have to remain concern about the connection while flying high or far.

I wish my country had a easier law for flying drones.
Here it is also not simple. :unsure:

But i feel sad that, i always have to remain concern about the connection while flying high or far.
Until I'm really firm with drone flying I fly only near so that I can stop and see, where my Tello lands. Of course it depends to the wind. So I will not fly to far and to high. But later I will buy a WiFi range extender.

Here it is also not simple. :unsure:

Until I'm really firm with drone flying I fly only near so that I can stop and see, where my Tello lands. Of course it depends to the wind. So I will not fly to far and to high. But later I will buy a WiFi range extender.
Well, do buy an extender. It works great. Adds value to the drone. Im even trying crazy stuff with it!!?

What do you do as a profession, mate? For me, im an undergrad student.

Attachments

• received_782616268760823.jpeg
    received_782616268760823.jpeg
    70.3 KB · Views: 8
Do you think that amplifier on the extender would work?
Maybe. In a german forum I only found pics where the extender runs without any amplifiers.
Remember: Try over studies. ;)
You didn't spend much money for that. So try with and without and see how fare you come. But don't run out of the range.

Maybe. In a german forum I only found pics where the extender runs without any amplifiers.
Remember: Try over studies. ;)
You didn't spend much money for that. So try with and without and see how fare you come. But don't run out of the range.
"Try over studies", I'll remember...??
Thanks for such an advice. I'll write you back if i find out any mentionable finding on tomorrow morning.
Stay blessed, mate! Thanks for your time.??

Reactions: MrSpok
The Xiaomi range extender shoots it's signal sideways, therefore puting a cone over it, you will only direct the signal one way and the way you set it up, it will cut the range down. I suggest you do one like a windsurfer. @raulvolador made a thread on how to create one from household items somewhere in this forum.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv