Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

ryze robotics tello not dji tello

In all seriousness it's not manufactured by either dji or intel so it should be referred to as the ryze tech tello.

You must have misunderstood me. Ryze Robotics is a company owned by DJI. They didn't want to include a toy drone in their lineup and make people think they sell toys, so they made a new company.

You must have misunderstood me. Ryze Robotics is a company owned by DJI. They didn't want to include a toy drone in their lineup and make people think they sell toys, so they made a new company.
I am not so sure about that ownership thing.

My take is Ryze have partnered with DJI for building a drone that DJI obviously thought would not fit into their portfolio (maybe fearing a toy drone could ruin their reputation). From what I read Ryze builds the drone, using the flight controller and VPS of DJI (which is why its VPS is as capable as much larger drones).

The DJI name is just used by vendors to sell the product, highjacking the DJI brand name and reputation.

I am not so sure about that ownership thing.

My take is Ryze have partnered with DJI for building a drone that DJI obviously thought would not fit into their portfolio (maybe fearing a toy drone could ruin their reputation). From what I read Ryze builds the drone, using the flight controller and VPS of DJI (which is why its VPS is as capable as much larger drones).

The DJI name is just used by vendors to sell the product, highjacking the DJI brand name and reputation.

I agree with volate!lo :)

DJI sells the Tello, they ship the Tello to retailers, they give customer support to the Tello. Basically they do everything for the Tello with the Ryze mask. Perhaps it was an alliance at some point, but if you call DJI, you WILL get support for your Tello.

Edit: I believe that it isn't the toy factor, but rather their parnetship with Intel. After Yuneec did the Intel Realsense, perhaps DJI wanted to understand how Intel chips work and they released the Tello to justify that new partnership.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyle Knox
DJI sells the Tello, they ship the Tello to retailers, they give customer support to the Tello. Basically they do everything for the Tello with the Ryze mask. Perhaps it was an alliance at some point, but if you call DJI, you WILL get support for your Tello.

Edit: I believe that it isn't the toy factor, but rather their parnetship with Intel. After Yuneec did the Intel Realsense, perhaps DJI wanted to understand how Intel chips work and they released the Tello to justify that new partnership.
Yeah that might also be the reason. Or a cool conspiracy theory! Certainly sounds better then my take on it!

Reactions: Ansia

That's interesting because the emails I received when dealing with my warranty issue's came from "Ryze robotics support".

Reactions: Icemanwbs
That's interesting because the emails I received when dealing with my warranty issue's came from "Ryze robotics support".
Yes. You can go to godaddy.com and create an email provider called [email protected] and send emails declaring your awesomeness. Not saying you aren't awesome, but creating an email saying it, doesn't make it so.

Reactions: Sage
I have a couple of tin foils for the head, if you need one.
I constantly wear two or three of different material to reduce the chance of ET sucking out whats left of my brain. Actually I am sitting on tin foil as well just to be sure :ROFLMAO::LOL:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv