Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Scratch for Tello or Tello EDU

Yes, can. E.g. with the app "drone blocks". But you can at one time only use one app: Manually fly with "Tello" or better "TelloFPV" or programmed fly with "drone blocks" or similar.

Thanks for your advise - it means that I`m not able to use Scratch? and can only use "drone blocks"?

it means that I`m not able to use Scratch? and can only use "drone blocks"?
No. You can use every app that enables you to program the Tello maneuvers. "drone blocks" is only one app and the app I tried. But I also know that there are more apps.
Scratch is only the programing language and "drone blocks" uses Scratch.

Thanks for your advise- the problem is that I could not link my Tello with my Macbook, do you have any hint for me? I followed some videos but my Scratch would not coonect to Tello

Thanks for your advise- the problem is that I could not link my Tello with my Macbook, do you have any hint for me? I followed some videos but my Scratch would not coonect to Tello
Without knowing your problem, but first you have to disconnect your Macbook from your local WiFi network.
Switch your Tello on, LED is blinking red, search for Tello local network. My Tello Wifi is Tello-C65C11 and connect into Tellos local network.
Once connected the LED is blinking yellow. Configure the Scratch Application using the Tello package and launch the Scratch Application.
This may work. If not we need a detailed description what is not working.

You may also check if Tello respond to ping, so just open a terminal window and launch ping 192.168.10.1

If you receive
ping 192.168.10.1
PING 192.168.10.1 (192.168.10.1) 56(84) bytes of data.
From 192.168.10.2 icmp_seq=1 Destination Host Unreachable
From 192.168.10.2 icmp_seq=2 Destination Host Unreachable
From 192.168.10.2 icmp_seq=3 Destination Host Unreachable
From 192.168.10.2 icmp_seq=4 Destination Host Unreachable
From 192.168.10.2 icmp_seq=5 Destination Host Unreachable
From 192.168.10.2 icmp_seq=6 Destination Host Unreachable

something goes wrong and there is no connection between your Macbook and Tello.

192.168.10.2 is the IP assinged tou your client in Tellos WiFi network.

Before disconnect your Tello from your mobil phone; Tello supports only one client connection per time, Tello EDU is slightly different and support multiple Tellos and one client to control.

There are many good guides to work with Tello and Scratch.

Scratch can be used either with Tello and Tello EDU, EDU has slightly different commands. I'll created a pimped Scratch version for Tello, but my implementation for Scratch is for Raspberry PI only.

Just an advise, use a small USB fan to cool Tello while not flying. Otherwise Tello may switch of due to overheating. This is no issue while flying around with Tello.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyle Knox

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv