Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

SOLD Any Interest In A (possibly) Faulty Tello?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cujoe_da_man

Reaction score
Alright, so my very first post here and it's to get rid of my Tello. Not sure what happened, but I'll explain.

I bought my Tello brand new a year after it's initial release and up to today, I have flown it maybe ten times total. The last three times I had tried to fly it things have gone horribly wrong.

When first connected and swiping up the 'lift off' button, the Tello will zoom off into the air forever, unless you mash down on the control stick and wait as it very agonizingly slowly descends back down, then you literally have to grab it with your other hand and physically remove the battery to turn it off or it will continue to try and fly away. This also seems to happen when using the phone only.

Also, it has developed a nasty overheating issue... when it's not even being used. It will overheat while you are trying to connect it to the phone and shut down. I tried using it this winter (the second time I realized this issue) where it was 35 degrees out and it overheated. The battery seems fine, it's not bloated or warped in any way, it will slide in and out of the Tello with no issue.

I have tried to update the firmware, but for some reason when I download it, the app refuses to recognize the Tello is there, which I think is the other way around, I believe the Tello doesn't realize it's still connected.

When connecting to the phone, the LED on the front will forever flash blinking yellow, even though when I'm in the app I can see the image the camera sees.

I have hard reset it multiple times and it will connect to the phone and everything seems fine, then it just reverts back to those same issues (though the last few times recently I haven't even attempted to fly it for fear of losing it).

I have never let it hit trees or walls or let it drop from really high places (I haven't flown it enough to do that).

At this point I'm just fed up with it and it's time to move on to something better and I'm glad I didn't spring for the multi-battery charger and storage case (those were next on my list).

You get everything in the pic.

The Tello with blade guards and original battery
A Gamesir T1 controller (this appears to be an older model, I have seen ones with other status LEDS between the flight sticks)
Two brand new, never used batteries (bought at Best Buy)
The MiHome WIFI range antenna
A 2000 mAh JustIn charger with built in car cigarette lighter adapter so you can always keep it charged on the go (at least that was the idea).

Also, if you are interested, I will include a homemade phone sun shade. This was designed around an iPhone 6S Plus without a case while attached to the controller. It is very lightweight foam material. It's crude looking, I know, but it works. I will not include it unless there is any interest, otherwise I will just throw it away. I'm sure it could be adapted to other large phones.

Obviously everything except the two new batteries are USED/AS-IS. The Tello itself might just need someone with more knowledge than myself and you might be able to make it work fine.

I am thinking probably $75 for the entire setup (sun shade is free if interested), the batteries and controller alone are worth almost that, plus you get extras for other Tellos if this one really is faulty (parts for days!). We can discuss shipping options if a deal is made.

Tello.JPG

sunshade.JPG

Reactions: Droniac17
Alright, so my very first post here and it's to get rid of my Tello. Not sure what happened, but I'll explain.

I bought my Tello brand new a year after it's initial release and up to today, I have flown it maybe ten times total. The last three times I had tried to fly it things have gone horribly wrong.

When first connected and swiping up the 'lift off' button, the Tello will zoom off into the air forever, unless you mash down on the control stick and wait as it very agonizingly slowly descends back down, then you literally have to grab it with your other hand and physically remove the battery to turn it off or it will continue to try and fly away. This also seems to happen when using the phone only.

Also, it has developed a nasty overheating issue... when it's not even being used. It will overheat while you are trying to connect it to the phone and shut down. I tried using it this winter (the second time I realized this issue) where it was 35 degrees out and it overheated. The battery seems fine, it's not bloated or warped in any way, it will slide in and out of the Tello with no issue.

I have tried to update the firmware, but for some reason when I download it, the app refuses to recognize the Tello is there, which I think is the other way around, I believe the Tello doesn't realize it's still connected.

When connecting to the phone, the LED on the front will forever flash blinking yellow, even though when I'm in the app I can see the image the camera sees.

I have hard reset it multiple times and it will connect to the phone and everything seems fine, then it just reverts back to those same issues (though the last few times recently I haven't even attempted to fly it for fear of losing it).

I have never let it hit trees or walls or let it drop from really high places (I haven't flown it enough to do that).

At this point I'm just fed up with it and it's time to move on to something better and I'm glad I didn't spring for the multi-battery charger and storage case (those were next on my list).

A Gamesir T1 controller (this appears to be an older model, I have seen ones with other status LEDS between the flight sticks)
A 2000 mAh JustIn charger with built in car cigarette lighter adapter so you can always keep it charged on the go (at least that was the idea).

Also, if you are interested, I will include a homemade phone sun shade. This was designed around an iPhone 6S Plus without a case while attached to the controller. It is very lightweight foam material. It's crude looking, I know, but it works. I will not include it unless there is any interest, otherwise I will just throw it away. I'm sure it could be adapted to other large phones.

Obviously everything except the two new batteries are USED/AS-IS. The Tello itself might just need someone with more knowledge than myself and you might be able to make it work fine.

I am thinking probably $75 for the entire setup (sun shade is free if interested), the batteries and controller alone are worth almost that, plus you get extras for other Tellos if this one really is faulty (parts for days!). We can discuss shipping options if a deal is made.

View attachment 6800

View attachment 6801

View attachment 6800

View attachment 6801
Where are you located?

Reactions: Droniac17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan