Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Sunset flight with the Tello at Historic Mansion

tello_ar

Reaction score
(Edit: Video link corrected)

DJI Ryze Tello
Gamesir T1s
OTG cable
LG G6 (Airplane mode)
No Wifi amplifier
Very little flying experience
Very little editing experience with Kdnlive (plus it crashed and threw off my cutting, and it shows, sorry)
Low light, many trees...

Last edited:
Reactions: Daantello and Ansia
Thanks everyone!
I think I fixed it. Shows up for me now like in Ansia's post.
Appreciated!
So I have a question. Were you flying on Video mode (Slow mode) or Sport mode (Fast mode)?

So I have a question. Were you flying on Video mode (Slow mode) or Sport mode (Fast mode)?

Good point! I'll try to remember to include that in the future.

Video mode, with eyes on the drone due to all the branches which didn't give me the smoothest footage. The light was great, all was a bit rushed. Then just when I was done cutting the vid the darn editing program suddenly shut down hard and messed things up.

Good point! I'll try to remember to include that in the future.

Video mode, with eyes on the drone due to all the branches which didn't give me the smoothest footage. The light was great, all was a bit rushed. Then just when I was done cutting the vid the darn editing program suddenly shut down hard and messed things up.
I would suggest you play with the settings in TelloFPV. You have the same settings in Video and Sports mode. That is why when you fly forwards, the Tello tilts. If you use the original app, it does not do that. My point is, if you smooth things out, you will get smoother shots.

I am still fine tunning the settings to my taste, but here is what I am talking about.Screenshot_20190106-100408_TelloFPV.jpgScreenshot_20190106-100418_TelloFPV.jpg

I would suggest you play with the settings in TelloFPV. You have the same settings in Video and Sports mode. That is why when you fly forwards, the Tello tilts. If you use the original app, it does not do that. My point is, if you smooth things out, you will get smoother shots.

Thanks for the tip. I did not realize that at all!
I have to spend some quality time with that.

Greatly appreciate the feedback and ideas. I really never thought this little guy could knock out such video (I thought it'd take at least $1000+, so never looked at drones until I played with this thing that my daughter got for Christmas.)

The video is great as is coming off the Tello, but I notice that in almost all, except for harsh sunlight, the footage is a tad dark, --which is great since it usually allows for a bit better post-processing. Same is true for contrast. All as-is footage that I've watched indicates a bit of contrast added might improve things immediately.

Reactions: Ansia
Thanks for the tip. I did not realize that at all!
I have to spend some quality time with that.

Greatly appreciate the feedback and ideas. I really never thought this little guy could knock out such video (I thought it'd take at least $1000+, so never looked at drones until I played with this thing that my daughter got for Christmas.)

The video is great as is coming off the Tello, but I notice that in almost all, except for harsh sunlight, the footage is a tad dark, --which is great since it usually allows for a bit better post-processing. Same is true for contrast. All as-is footage that I've watched indicates a bit of contrast added might improve things immediately.
You shouldn't steal your daughters toys. :ROFLMAO:

As for the dark footage, that can also be changed in the camera settings of the TelloFPV.Screenshot_20190106-103803_TelloFPV.jpg

Actually, once I saw your screenshot, I remembered. Yes, I did modify these settings but haven't tested them yet much at all.

Here my VIDEOMODE settings for 'Onscreen':

Screenshot_2019-01-06-09-19-18.jpg

And here's indeed the issue... I didn't fly 'Onscreen'...

Here my VIDEOMODE settings for 'Xiaoji Gamesir T1s 2.13':
Screenshot_2019-01-06-09-27-21.jpg

I was flying with the Gamesir controller... Yup, there it is! No settings.
I thought I had it all figured out (after some good old-fashioned RTFM time with the supplied PDFs), --but clearly, I am far from it... :)

Thanks for rattling around those brain cells to get things fine tuned.
Appreciated!

You shouldn't steal your daughters toys. :ROFLMAO:

What's the fun in that! Oh, and: the Tello's rotor wash makes for a great hair dryer, I thought... (she didn't appreciate that too much!) Trust me, it'll all come back to haunt me... I have no illusions.

As for the dark footage, that can also be changed in the camera settings of the TelloFPV.

Yes, I realize that. And I like the exposure compensation at your finger tips when flying with the Gamesir attached. However, for post-processing, I really like it that the footage is coming in on the darker side. It's easier to lift the footage than dealing with burned highlights (white areas without any information left). The camera stills are truly great too, --esp. for such a little and cheap item!

I don't really care for video recording on the tello. I am spoiled by my phantom's 4k camera. I do like the photos I take with this little guy. They are on the top end of a 5MP camera.

I bought this drone to amuse myself and fly it around without exposing my more expensive phantom and to have quality time with my nephews. I have an unexplained fear of flyaways.

I use it like one would use an RC car. Fool around with it, until the battery runs out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv