Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

T1D Controller stick modes?

Murdoch

Reaction score
I will be getting a Tello for xmas and prefer to fly in stick mode 1. Right stick controls up and down Left controls forward and back. I know you can change this on the phone, but my question is, if I buy the T1D controller will it also fly in stick mode 1 or am I stuck with the default stick mode 2? Its not mentioned in the controller manual online. Can anyone confirm that its possible to switch modes before i order a controller. Thanks in advance.

I don't know about the T1D controller modes, but if you are using an Android phone then I strongly recommend that you use the TelloFPV app which can map the stick movements to whatever you want.

Reactions: Fari
Screenshot_20201213_075012_com.volatello.tellofpv.jpg
Indeed you can do it manually, I was wondering if there would be a quick toggle for mode 1 or 2 but no, you'll need to do the config yourself.

I realize after a few months that Tello FPV seems to be the answer to half of the question on this forum imo.

Reactions: volate!lo
Volate!lo is working on an iOS port of TelloFPV which hopefully will be available in the not too distant future

View attachment 6697
Indeed you can do it manually, I was wondering if there would be a quick toggle for mode 1 or 2 but no, you'll need to do the config yourself.

I realize after a few months that Tello FPV seems to be the answer to half of the question on this forum imo.

If I was to do it again I'd just implement a Mode 1-4 switch like in TelloMe. The flexible version is overkill ofr most.

But it offers a few nice gimicks. You can map non-standard controllers like tiny VR controllers that have only buttons and no sticks. Like this one:

• Love
Reactions: Fari

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv