Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello A/C mod?

TelloxLobz

Reaction score
I jus bought my Tello with the boost pack and a range extender. I have experienced overheating and shutdown already, in my PNW town it gets in the triple digits right now. I am curious if anyone has done any modifications to add on a fan or cooling system? How did you do it and what parts used? Any advice will be appreciated!

Attachments

• BAAF789D-331C-4691-B518-3D27EC7F51BD.jpeg
    BAAF789D-331C-4691-B518-3D27EC7F51BD.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 21
Even on long flights & hot days I haven' had any thermal issues. Only when it is switched on, on the ground for a longer period, the heatsink can't dissipate the heat.
Your Tello might have a manufacturing defect, like missing thermal paste on the heatsink.
Any other experiences / ideas?

Yes, I am also experienced by one of my motors not working properly? The rear left motor won’t activate properly, or at all. It seems to work, but has no thrust for taking off? The drone just ends up flipping on the ground?

I've never had an overheating problem, but this situation can help improve the heat dissipation system.

Yes, I am also experienced by one of my motors not working properly? The rear left motor won’t activate properly, or at all. It seems to work, but has no thrust for taking off? The drone just ends up flipping on the ground?

A Tello will end up flipping to the ground as soon as you takeoff if you replace a propeller with a propeller from the wrong pair (like having 3 propellers A and 1 propeller B). Just saying.
It may not be your actual problem but I'm pretty sure it will be useful to someone some day.
:p

Last edited:
Reactions: Flydrone
Yes, thank you, I have made sure to check my propeller placement, and found they are all in the correct spots. I watched a YouTube video that talked about a defect in the wiring? I guess I’m just going to order a set of motors and replace them.... in n the meantime while I wait for them to get here, I will keep trying the suggestions I’m given. My next step is to clean the motors of any dust or debri I may find? I have literally only flown her one time for about 10 minutes. I didn’t crash and landed normally. This will be a great and worthwhile adventure! Thanks for any and all help everyone!

Reactions: Fari
A Tello will end up flipping to the ground as soon as you takeoff if you replace a propeller with a propeller from the wrong pair (like having 3 propellers A and 1 propeller B). Just saying.
It may not be your actual problem but I'm pretty sure it will be useful to someone some day.
:p
Nope - Fari - you are absolutely right. I got some knockoff propellers from AliEx and installed them. First thing the Tello does is....not launch. Errors appear on the flight app - something about too much vibration. Switched back to OEM props - and it launched perfectly.

Reactions: Flydrone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv