Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello app incompatibilty with mobile phone Samsung Galaxy A3 (SM-A300FU model)

raulvolador

Reaction score
Hello,

I would like to share with you this complaing I sended to Ryze technical support:

To:[email protected]
Date:2018-08-14 , 10:10
Subject:Tello app incompatibilty with mobile phone Samsung Galaxy A3 (SM-A300FU model)

Hello,

I own a Ryze Tello Drone and a mobile phone Samsung Galaxy A3 (SM-A300FU model)

I'm suffering lot of lost video frames when flying Tello into the official app "Tello" v1.2.12.02 from Shenzhen RYZE Tech Co.Ltd.

If I add the Gamesir T1d bluetooth controller then video problems gets worse with a lot of video lag.

Tello's firmware is updated to last version V01.03.33.01

As this problems don't happens to me using Tello apps from third party programmers, like aTello or aTelloPilot, I'm pretty sure this is a fault/incompatibility into official "Tello" app.

Could you solve this into a future app/firmware update ?

Thanks a lot

Raul (from Spain)
---------------------------

Last edited:
Reactions: nicecontrast
I received this automated reply:

2018-08-14 10:10 GMT+02:00 Support <[email protected]>:
##- 请在此行以上输入您的回复 -##
Dear Raul,
Thank you for contacting RYZE Support.
Your request (xxxx) has been received and is being reviewed by our technical support representatives. We will contact you soon.
Best Regards,
RYZE Support​

A bit later, this is his answer:

Ryze Technical Support (Ryzerobotics)

8月14日 CST21:20

Hi Raul,

Thanks for reaching Ryze!

I'm so sorry to know that you're having video quality issues with your Tello drone being used with your Samsung Galaxy A3. Have you already tried setting your phone to airplane mode with wifi? If you have not yet, I encourage you to try it first to check if the issue will still persist.

Looking forward on your advice.
**You will receive an email survey two days after this email if not responded. If you happen to be away and won’t be able to answer this email timely, please disregard the survey and reply to us directly.
Best Regards,
Dylan
RYZE Customer Support

And my reply...

to: 2018-08-14 15:20 GMT+02:00 Ryze Technical Support (Support) <[email protected]>:

Dylan,

Before flying I always set my phone to airplane mode with wifi.

I'm pretty sure this is an compatibilty problem between my phone model and your Tello application.

I beg you send my suggestion to your programmers.

Thanks a lot.

And this is the Ryze reply...

Dear Raul,

Thanks for reaching Ryze!

In response on behalf of Dylan, Sorry to hear that your having an issue over compatibility to your Samsung Galaxy A3, Upon checking the mobile device , As of the moment it is not yet supported by the Tello App, For proper guidance, Please click this link to see the full list of the recommended devices, Ryze Tech;guidance

We really recommend to try and use the recommended device and see if the issue still persist,

Thank you very much.

Best Regards
Alex
RYZE Customer Support

I'm afraid they are not going to listen to me...

Cheers.

Raul
------

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv