Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello battery 1800mAh

samregis

Reaction score
Hi, I have a question about the battery. If I use a 3.8V 1800 mAh battery instead of a 1100 mAh battery, will it affect the performance of the engines or only extend the flight time? Thanks

Out of interest which one are you looking at getting, the one from AliExpress? I'm not sure anyone here as tried it, I asked a similar question a couple weeks ago.

Yes, it is that same battery that you say. I am seeing that no one has tested the two batteries. My question is whether increasing mAh affects engine performance or extends flight duration. It will be a matter of buying one and comparing them.

Reactions: Pepper84
Thanks for answering. The size and weight is the same as the compatible batteries, the only thing that changes is the mAh and I imagined that the flight time would increase.

Cheers!

Reactions: Pepper84
Did you also compare the voltage and max. amperagr?
I'm always very careful if the battery is not an original one.

If voltage is the same, the tello will only take what amperage it needs to run. The battery can provide more amperage, hence the higher mAh, but the tello only uses what it needs. Op states voltage is the same so theoretically all should be good.

I would be concerned that the internal regulation circuitry in the battery may not be up to snuff and could lead to catastrophic battery failure on the cheap lion batteries.

There is the error code 203 that says, you insertet a non original battery.
Don't know if this error occurs while using yout batteries.

Reactions: adiannon
Mah stands for milli amp houre refering to the duration of the measurement?

Hi, I have a question about the battery. If I use a 3.8V 1800 mAh battery instead of a 1100 mAh battery, will it affect the performance of the engines or only extend the flight time? Thanks
Mah stands for milli amp hour so i think it means the battery will last 700 mah longer... i think

Recently I bought a HSABAT 3.8V 1800 mAh Battery for DJI Tello Drone for US $22.25. It has the same size as the original one (FullyMax).
I tested it in hovering mode - and was disappointed: it showed the same flight time as the original FullyMax (1100mAh released 2021-03-20, bought for US $15.99).
I charged it in the original Tello Battery Charging Hub. Probably it should be charged by special charger to get the full capacity?

Both seem to be HV cells (to be charged up to 4.35 V). So the original charging hub should provide that voltage already.

Did you compare the weight of th batteries?

If they have same weight, it would mean that HSABAT found the holy grail allowing to increase the Wh/kg characteristic by 64%.

Pretty unlikely...

Both seem to be HV cells (to be charged up to 4.35 V). So the original charging hub should provide that voltage already.

Did you compare the weight of th batteries?

If they have same weight, it would mean that HSABAT found the holy grail allowing to increase the Wh/kg characteristic by 64%.

Pretty unlikely...
It's a good idea to check the weight. Thank you!

They both have the same weight: 26.2 g.
The seller wrote to me: "charge 10~12 hours for the first 3 times.i think show wrong.test work time"

Sounds pretty ridiculous. The charger implements the typical CCCV cycle. When the charger stops blinking, it cuts off. So leaving the battery for another 10 hours in the charger will not make any difference.

The seller propably knows that he sells fake and just invents some strategies to give you the feeling that you make something wrong. I am pretty sure, that when you open the plastic case, you will find LiPo cells with about 1100 mAh.

Even when there would be cells in that format and weight, providing a higher capacity, they will most propably not be able to deliver the required current (C-rate) without overheating too fast.

Reactions: volate!lo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv