Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello becomes a bad actor ....

Avocet

Reaction score
I have a small stable of Tellos I'm using as teaching tools at school here. One of them recently, from a calm hover, shot straight up 40 feet into the gymnasium ceiling and then free fell to the ground. The only visible damage was a broken prop. I have calibrated the IMU and the hover calibration several times. It flies "ok" for a while with a somewhat wondering hover, but then the next startup will see the craft shoot straight up full speed again and a complete powerless collapse to the ground (plunk).

Any ideas? Similar experiences? Thoughts? I'm planning a teardown I think but know there won't be much to discover there. I'll be looking to see about repair vids on Tellos also.

Thanks!

I have a small stable of Tellos I'm using as teaching tools at school here. One of them recently, from a calm hover, shot straight up 40 feet into the gymnasium ceiling and then free fell to the ground. The only visible damage was a broken prop. I have calibrated the IMU and the hover calibration several times. It flies "ok" for a while with a somewhat wondering hover, but then the next startup will see the craft shoot straight up full speed again and a complete powerless collapse to the ground (plunk).

Any ideas? Similar experiences? Thoughts? I'm planning a teardown I think but know there won't be much to discover there. I'll be looking to see about repair vids on Tellos also.

Thanks!
Maybe do a reset and / or try to upgrade firmware.

I you wanted really hard you can look into the logfiles of the app, which contains a huge mess of detailed information about the flight. There is some program available to extract that data. At least you could identify if its a Tello-internal problem or some controller problem.

Reactions: stewe12
On modding my tello lately I accidentally covered the sensors underneath, it shot straight up into the ceiling. Wonder if the ir sensors (back of underside of tello) have been covered or scratched maybe.

I’m sure there are a lot of people that fly more than just the Tello. Like the inspire or the Mavic. And what you pay for those drones not to mention the batteries $100 is nothing in comparison. The Tello is nice for what it is but it still just a toy to play with.

I own only two Tello, but I keep a new one in its package ... but even if for many 100 Euro or 100 $ are few, I take care of my cello as if it cost $ 1000!
And I invested a lot of money in accessories and spare parts for the little tello.:censored:
Only the thought of losing it, it hurts my heart!
I am very sorry for you that you have lost the little tello!:(

Reactions: Clinton1
I lost mine last weekend, will not be able to replace till my next payday 2 weeks! 100 is alot to some of us lol.
. Just think how bad you would feel if you lost that inspire or the Mavic. You would have to save up for two years. Lol.

. Just think how bad you would feel if you lost that inspire or the Mavic. You would have to save up for two years. Lol.

it's normal what you say and I understand ....
We can not compare the cello with the bigger DJI brothers!
We have to appreciate what the little cello offers us ... there are people who do not have the economic possibility to fly with a $ 1000 drone. and 100 $ for the dji tello are already many ... I presume I do not see the Tello so much a toy!

Don’t get me wrong the Tello is quite impressive for what it is I’m actually impressed with it. But I would much rather lose that than my inspire or Magic.

Not many people buy an Inspire as a toy. If you do this as a business its a completely different story. Then you need big money and the price of a Tello is nothing compared to that.

But for many 100 Euro is quite a lot for a toy that sometimes lasts only 5 minutes.

I lost a Phantom on it's second flight. I still cry myself to sleep.

it's normal what you say and I understand ....
We can not compare the cello with the bigger DJI brothers!
We have to appreciate what the little cello offers us ... there are people who do not have the economic possibility to fly with a $ 1000 drone. and 100 $ for the dji tello are already many ... I presume I do not see the Tello so much a toy!
To me this is a Cello.Cello_VC95_Samuel_Front_102516.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv