Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello becomes a bad actor ....

Yep. And you cannot compare it to an Inspire. A cello doesn't fly as long or as high and you will never manage to get a decent no-lag video feed from it.

Last edited:
The Tello is nice for what it is but it still just a toy to play with.
Maybe so, but I still don't want to see a hundred-dollar bill flying away if it was my fault or could have been prevented somehow.

For me, even though it's a 'toy', the best thing about the Tello is: in the short time I've had it, my skill to operate an aircraft in 3D space has been greatly enhanced. This has helped me a lot in flying my Phantoms outside. Don't have an Inspire but if I did it would be insured anyway...

Last edited:
Reactions: Ansia
Yep. And you cannot compare it to an Inspire. A cello doesn't fly as long or as high and you will never manage to get a decent no-lag video feed from it.
A Cello does not fly. But it can cost anywhere from $1500 to $150000.

Give me your 150k cello and I can show you: it does fly. Once.
Flight time is 2 seconds and maximum range maybe 15m, with a maximum altitude of around 3-4m.
Don't own a Cello. Can it be a guitar?

Don't own a Cello. Can it be a guitar?
That could extend both max range and altitude a bit. But the video feed will be just as bad.

The Tello is nice for what it is but it still just a toy to play with.
BTW: Thats what most of us are here for. Have fun with toys.

Personally I am absolutely not interested in getting into professional drones. Its not really that much fun to fly large drones. And the drone flight "business" isn't really worth getting into for most: Too much competition, too few jobs, lots of paperwork, and expensive equipment that deprecates faster than icecream in the sun (sometimes to 0 on a tiny mishap)...

Not many people buy an Inspire as a toy. If you do this as a business its a completely different story. Then you need big money and the price of a Tello is nothing compared to that.

But for many 100 Euro is quite a lot for a toy that sometimes lasts only 5 minutes.
The inspir
I lost a Phantom on it's second flight. I still cry myself to sleep.
now that would hurt. I can honestly say knock on wood I have never lost a drone or crashed one. My little Tello that’s a different story. I beat the hell out of that. View attachment 2825
I lost a Phantom on it's second flight. I still cry myself to sleep.
now that would hurt.

Well, this thread has gone to *7$(( !! I flew my Inspire for my Tello pilots today and it was reporting some interference also.) Something is definetly up with this Tello though. I will do a tear-down and see if anything obvious looms.

There really is not much too these things, a board, wired motors and coded chips ...

Reactions: volate!lo
So sorry your topic of why it flew straight up got off track. You've been given a couple of things to check, like the sensors under it. Could there be dirt or something covering them? Another thing is the controller. Does this particular drone use the same controller every time? Could there be something wrong with the left stick? Could it be "sticking" up or somehow the internal contacts not releasing? Just an idea. Ryze customer service is also pretty responsive if you want to ask them.

I found this video on YouTube (the video is NOT mine) I noticed a strange behavior of Tello during the landing at 5:26 minutes maybe WiFi Interference or what?
Note that it does not move the stick

I found this video on YouTube (the video is NOT mine) I noticed a strange behavior of Tello during the landing at 5:26 minutes maybe WiFi Interference or what?

That looks like a problem of the VPS being confused. Because Tello turns into one direction, and then immediately returns back to the original heading. Thats what it sometimes does when there is leaves or other stuff flying underneath it.

Wow. I just realized that this is a channel with 165k subscribers...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clubfooted