Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello Cine-follow - Playa de el Bollullo, Tenerife

w84death

Reaction score
One long take but edited to fit reasonable length. The idea is to mimic "follow me" functionality (This is manual - the drone can't do that) with as smooth video as possible.

Steering using virtual joystick is incredible chaotic or I'm so lame at it. But as I don't want to bring a big game-pad with me everywhere I just need to practice more...

That is exactly what the upcoming Iphone app TelloMe does. I finally received approval from Apple to release it so it just entered beta test and should be available in a week or two.

Tracking alongside like between 0:00 and 0:45 is called "profile mode", between 1:00 and 1:15 its "follow mode".

One thing I'm still working on is locking onto a specific person (and not just the most prominent person in view).

I'm just wondering that you have so many calm days in Tenerife. Should be blowing 20kn these days.

That is exactly what the upcoming Iphone app TelloMe does. I finally received approval from Apple to release it so it just entered beta test and should be available in a week or two.

Tracking alongside like between 0:00 and 0:45 is called "profile mode", between 1:00 and 1:15 its "follow mode".

One thing I'm still working on is locking onto a specific person (and not just the most prominent person in view).

I'm just wondering that you have so many calm days in Tenerife. Should be blowing 20kn these days.
Looking forward to the release. I have an ipad but dont use it with the tello much because the tello app bores me.

One long take but edited to fit reasonable length. The idea is to mimic "follow me" functionality (This is manual - the drone can't do that) with as smooth video as possible.

Steering using virtual joystick is incredible chaotic or I'm so lame at it. But as I don't want to bring a big game-pad with me everywhere I just need to practice more...
That was great. Looks like an awesome place to fly. ?

Are you going to be bringing a feature like follow me to Android?

Wow! That will be a killer feature for our little drone.

Too bad that it's iOS as I moved to Android/Linux ecosystem years ago..

I have already started a port of the app to Android.

Great!! Thanks you! I can't wait to get out and fly my Tello. Here in the desert during the winter many of the days are too windy to fly the Tello. ?. Like today, the forecast is 75F for a high with 10 mph winds until about 4 p.m. and then sustained winds of 30 to 50 mph an hour with gusts of 60 to 70 and a low of 38F tonight. ? Winds will last all the way to Monday night. I can only fly my bigger drones. Around April it starts getting real nice and the weather evens out. There are a lot of hot stagnant summer days coming soon ? I love the 100 - 105F range. That's the best weather!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv