Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello Desktop app

ErikThiart

Reaction score
Website
www.erikthiart.com
Is there a windows desktop app I can use to control my Tello?

I have it hooked up to a Mikrotik Sector antenna so the range is out of this world, but that router is connected to my laptop, I would like to have an app on windows that I can fly the drone with.

[QUOTE = "ErikThiart, post: 14219, miembro: 4745"] ¿Hay una aplicación de escritorio de Windows que pueda usar para controlar mi Tello?

Lo tengo conectado a una antena Mikrotik Sector por lo que el alcance está fuera de este mundo, pero el enrutador está conectado a mi computadora portátil, me gustaría tener una aplicación en Windows con la que pueda volar el dron. [/ QUOTE] podrías decirme cómo tienes la mikrotik configurada al Tello ? Tienes fotos o vídeo q lo explique. Gracias

@onmarpaba of course, so I have a Mikrotik Metal AC 52 acting as a CPE and the Tello is by default an AP (access point) so I have the MikroTik as CPE connected to the Tello's Wifi and the Mikrotik is plugged into my laptop, I am able to control the Tello with php throught the SDK, but I cannot control it with my phone, because the laptop's built in Wifi module cannot broadcast so I am looking for software to use in Windows that would control the drone like the Tello App does.

786180a2-1359-43f5-b9c9-e98ebac1c4df.jpg

So biggest issue I have is that somehow the video streaming does not work when I connect via the mikrotik!

I have no idea why not.

So I can connect and control the drone throught the emulator and through my phone (I added a second router), but there is no video on the app so I am flying blind.

I managed to do 180 meters and still have full signal, but I can't see the drone beyond that point so I am forced to pull back, if I can get the video to work then I think we can push a lot further.

So you can control the tello through an emulator on windows pc?

I thought so, Since you should be able to use the emulator through the wifi of your laptop, The tello does not know the difference. It would just know that the app is telling what to do, Right? At least that is what i was thinking. lol

Correct.

My router (MikroTik metal 52 AC) however is blocking the video, I am trying to see if I can enable upnp on it and see if that solves the issue.

Trust me when the video feed is ready, I will make a recording for you guys.

Reactions: TelloPilot2019
If anyone on here have any knowledge with Mikrotiks (I need help)

I am able to fully control the drone, only the video feed does not work on the app (whether I connect the phone to the mikrotik or laptop with emulator) however if the laptop or phone connects directly to the Tello then the video works as per normal.

Maybe @volate!lo can shed some light on what conditions will cause the video feed not work, or rather what protocol could the router be blocking/not forward correctly to cause it.

(I am not so clued up on the networking side, or at least I think I am missing something obvious. Unless this is overridden from Tello itself.)

So biggest issue I have is that somehow the video streaming does not work when I connect via the mikrotik!

I have no idea why not.

So I can connect and control the drone throught the emulator and through my phone (I added a second router), but there is no video on the app so I am flying blind.

I managed to do 180 meters and still have full signal, but I can't see the drone beyond that point so I am forced to pull back, if I can get the video to work then I think we can push a lot further.
try with another phone

1st learn python, and use that to create your own desktop app to control the drone, that is what i am doing

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv