Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello Edu - Scratch functionalities

kiankus

Reaction score
hi

i have a Tello and is using scratch to teach kids coding. But it is boring after a while as there is no way to get the sensor information like height, battery, etc.

I understand for Tello Edu, there is an improved SDK (2.) and have these functions available.

I would like to know if these functions have been ported to scratch?

thanks

See my latest posting. For that reason I'm working on that issue.

Question:

Apologies if I am asking unsound question.

The program has to work with Raspberry PI 3+??

Can I use your f41ardu/TelloforScratch program and run it just on a normal window PC without Raspberry PI 3+ ?

Thanks

Best Regards,
frequency

The program has to work with Raspberry PI 3+??

Can I use your f41ardu/TelloforScratch program and run it just on a normal window PC without Raspberry PI 3+ ?

Thanks

I'm regret to say that it is at this point in time is only avalable for Scratch2 running on Raspberry PI 3/3+.

I just take a look int the Online version of Scratch 3.0 but so far I can't load the extension from my github.io.
A sample is working, but not the Tello extension. So stay tuned, maybee I find a solution.

hi

i have a Tello and is using scratch to teach kids coding. But it is boring after a while as there is no way to get the sensor information like height, battery, etc.

I understand for Tello Edu, there is an improved SDK (2.) and have these functions available.

thanks
In the meantime I've checked the latest Scratch development from Ryze. They have implemented reading sensor information.
So my own development was not really necessary, instead I learned much about Scratch extensions and my use that knowledge in other projects.
So check the latest download from Ryze for Scratch.

My experimental extension are for Raspberry PI only. If possible I'll migrate to Scratch 3.0.

Last edited:
hi

thanks
Yes, the Tello EDU has functions like height, temperature, barometer, battery etc in Scratch. I used it as an introduction to teach programming for secondary school a couple of month ago. You need different Tello.js and s2e files, but they are available.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jpothi