Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello firmware update

rikcob

Reaction score
Hi there!
I've already searched in the forum with no luck!!!
I can understand if my tello is updated!
The app data that there is a new firmware available, but after I download it and try to flash, a pop-up notify me that I've already have the latest firmware version...
Please help me understanding and thanks you a lot!

Riccardo

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-05-12-13-20-26-250_com.ryzerobotics.tello.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-05-12-13-20-26-250_com.ryzerobotics.tello.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 97
Any resolution? I tried a update its doing same, previously it stopped at 50% update now cant even

I have the same issue but I found a solution, if you Google search for version 1 app you download that and install the
app to your phone and only then you'll be able to get the latest firmware installed on your Tello drone.

I don't know why this is and what's even stranger if you go to the support page on the official DJI Ryze Tello website
you can see that people have tried to get an answer for the issue and they aren't acknowledging that the issue exists
and not giving any answer.

I found the version 1.4 app here on this forum, you can download the app using this link here

I hope this is somewhat helpful to you.

Last edited:
AAh man,,,,, I have a Iphone...

but could put it on a old android ? just to update? Does firmware make it fly better and fix issues and such , ?

AAh man,,,,, I have a Iphone...

but could put it on a old android ? just to update? Does firmware make it fly better and fix issues and such , ?
Firmware updates do improve how the Tello behave, every firmware update has documentation which you can find on the official website to see exactly what the firmware update does change, fixes or whatever.

The update is for the Tello itself so it's not dependent on the phone you're using for uploading the firmware to the Tello, I think it's worth a try using your old android phone, don't install the latest version of the Tello app but install the version you can download from my Google drive instead to prevent any issues and after the update remove the app because it's not made by me so I can't guarantee that it's safe, it is free of any viruses or whatever because I did scan the file with a licensed and updated Kaspersky Total Security software.

I just want you to know where I got the file from is from some third party underground website but if you only use it once for the firmware update and then remove it from your phone and install the latest official version again I don't see any problem with that.

Better safe than sorry, right?

I have the same issue but I found a solution, if you Google search for version 1 app you download that and install the
app to your phone and only then you'll be able to get the latest firmware installed on your Tello drone.

I don't know why this is and what's even stranger if you go to the support page on the official DJI Ryze Tello website
you can see that people have tried to get an answer for the issue and they aren't acknowledging that the issue exists
and not giving any answer.

I can't recall the website where I found the information or the version 1 download but I did save the file to my
Google Drive so if you want you can Download the file directly from my Google Drive here.

I hope this is somewhat helpful to you.
didnt work it shows some chines error when trying to update the firmware... i downloaded it connected and error...

wanted to try this my tello is proper messed up... flying into the roof and ground and -8m vps and sometime 3m vps at ground level... so frustrated right now,... have work to do but been distracted for hours with it.... seems to actually be getting worse and worse..

• Sad
Reactions: Ricardo Penders
didnt work it shows some chines error when trying to update the firmware... i downloaded it connected and error...

wanted to try this my tello is proper messed up... flying into the roof and ground and -8m vps and sometime 3m vps at ground level... so frustrated right now,... have work to do but been distracted for hours with it.... seems to actually be getting worse and worse..
That's unfortunate, I found the original post where I read and got the app from and it turns out to be on this forum.
It seems to be working for other people and they also have a link to their file on Google Drive, maybe they changed the file or something so I recommend you to go to this post here and try the other app... The app that I got is v1.1.1 and theirs is now v1.4 so maybe that app does the trick for you.

-OR-

Download the v1.4 app directly from Google Drive here. (this is the link from the other post on this forum)

Last edited:
That's unfortunate, I found the original post where I read and got the app from and it turns out to be on this forum.
It seems to be working for other people and they also have a link to their file on Google Drive, maybe they changed the file or something so I recommend you to go to this post here and try the other app... The app that I got is v1.1.1 and theirs is now v1.4 so maybe that app does the trick for you.

-OR-

Download the v1.4 app directly from Google Drive here. (this is the link from the other post on this forum)
Turned out the vps was faulty and thats why it would randomly do stuff or suddenly go into crawl speed even in sports mode. Im getting a replacement. Really excited to fly a tello that works and doesn't go crazy. I miss my tell at almost 4 am in the morning. Wow tellos are pretty special aren't they? . Now here is a question, do I update the new Tello or not ?

Turned out the vps was faulty and thats why it would randomly do stuff or suddenly go into crawl speed even in sports mode. Im getting a replacement. Really excited to fly a tello that works and doesn't go crazy. I miss my tell at almost 4 am in the morning. Wow tellos are pretty special aren't they? . Now here is a question, do I update the new Tello or not ?
You might be lucky that the new Tello already comes with the new firmware you can check that when you have it, if it has the new version already then you don't have to do anything for now but when there's a new version available of course you should update the firmware why not, the updates are always done to make the drone better but if you get the new drone without the latest version installed I recommend you to try to install it the official way and if it doesn't do that and you have to resort to this trick to get it updated I wouldn't do that if I were you, I recommend you to first have some fun with it and fly it until it doesn't fly anymore and then you can always decide to update it later.

Don't make any decisions that you're not sure of with a brand new drone, have fun with it first. That's the best advise I can give you.

I hope this will make your decision a bit easier for you to make.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv