Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello Flyers ~a new wiki~ FYI

umanbean

Reaction score
Maybe I should make a poll, but just post comments here instead if you will:

Do you think a Tello general information wiki would be a good idea?

Tello Flyers wiki (link) will cover general information on Apps, Controllers, WiFi Extenders, Cases, Accessories, Incompatibilities, quirks of certain Devices or Android versions, and/or the best way to workaround or make something work.

I'll do my best to make sure the info on the wiki is factual and, if it's a technique or workaround, that it's confirmed to actually work.

The wiki page looks quite different on my tablet than on the laptop (windows 10). Most of the formatting is not there, the Table of Contents is not at the top, and the page can not be edited.

Don't know what it'll look like on your mobile device, but the best experience is with a computer browser - and editing is easy.

Anyone with corrections, suggestions, or content you wish to be posted - see the first last section of the wiki page or post it here.

When this wiki gets 'fleshed out', it could be a one-link answer to a lot of questions.

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Flydrone
sorry for being late to the party. I still have a hangover and need :coffee:! Happy new year by the way...

Good point about making this a more generic and open instead of focusing on one app only.

We just need to agree what information we want there and we need to define some structure first. Otherwise chaos will creep in, and we will see redundancy , duplication and inconsistency:

Se we should first collect a good ist of information we want to see there, build the rough structure, and then fill it over time.

What I would like to see:
General hints how to use: Known sources of trouble (connection issues), Tips for decent video quality

The compatibility sheet someone already started in Google docs.

A list of all apps both android and IOS
For each app again tips for using, how to pair controllers, etc

Oh, great. Somehow I missed the link in the first post (still a bit undecided between being drunk and having a hangover). BTW: Happy new year.

Reactions: umanbean
Good morning @volate!lo .... How's your head? :cool: Better today i hope! ;)

I made a list from your post #2 above and should be able to get most of that done soon, but will be busy most of today. Gotta shift gears and get back to real life.

Thanks for the suggestions, and feel free to edit your app description if you'd like. Just click 'edit' next to the app name to edit only that section.

Y'all have a good day...

Yes, back in business. Still trying to clear the backlog of messages.
And dumb reviews of the demo app. People keep complaining about the restrictions of the demo version instead of being happy to be able to test without obligations... Maybe I will just delete it as it's more hassle than its worth.

I will look into the wiki asap. thanks for bringing this forward!

And dumb reviews of the demo app. People keep complaining about the restrictions of the demo version instead of being happy to be able to test without obligations... Maybe I will just delete it as it's more hassle than its worth.

I appreciated being able to demo it before buying. The limitations were annoying but not so bad you couldn't get a feel for the software which I imagine was your goal.

Mikeg

I appreciated being able to demo it before buying. The limitations were annoying but not so bad you couldn't get a feel for the software which I imagine was your goal.

Mikeg

Appreciated.

Unfortunately I have "customers" (are they customers if they only use the free version) complaining about these restrictions or because ridiculous expectations are not met. 3 stars because of the 20second video restriction. 3 stars because Tello doesn't have obstacle avoidance on RTH. 1 star because it has restrictions and isn't in Italian.

Once the demo app drops below 4 star average rating I will just remove it.

I'm sorry for you, see people complaining about these limitations of the demo version or anything else on this app! I'm sure they are not following the development like we did on the forum. They do not appreciate the hard work behind the development of an app! I am not a developer, but I can understand...
Example, I am Italian and I do not complain if the app is not in my language!;)

Yipeee;)... someone edited the wiki !!!

Added a gamesir g3w to the Controller section -- and did a jam-up job too! Perfectly formatted...Thanks!

Last edited:
Had another wiki editor... Someone added a Tips and Tricks section - it's not finished yet but good idea!
And it's perfectly formatted also... keep up the good work (y)

Last edited:
That was me. I also posted that to the main Tello Facebok group.
Are you part of the TelloFpv facebook group? I posted a few things there as well, about RTH and the problems with photos being corrupt in the original app.

I think I start to get confused between what I posted on which platform and group :unsure:

Are you part of the TelloFpv facebook group?

No, I've been an electronics 'nerd' and made a living as a self-employed computer tech for ~35 years. I was, literally, the first private citizen in my local county to have internet to my house because the local telco wanted to use me as a 'guinea pig' - back in 1995...

But I've never been a member of Facebok, Tweeter, Uboob, or any of that ilk. ;)

Probably because I know what's going on in the background after signing up for one or all those services.

Do you by chance use a Virtual Machine to go there? I've thought about maybe doing that.

Thanks for the work on the wiki!

No, I've been an electronics 'nerd' and made a living as a self-employed computer tech for ~35 years. I was, literally, the first private citizen in my local county to have internet to my house because the local telco wanted to use me as a 'guinea pig' - back in 1995...

But I've never been a member of Facebok, Tweeter, Uboob, or any of that ilk. ;)

Probably because I know what's going on in the background after signing up for one or all those services.

Do you by chance use a Virtual Machine to go there? I've thought about maybe doing that.

Thanks for the work on the wiki!
Do you also wear a tinfoil hat ?? :p

I see where you are coming from. I spent over two decades in large IT corp, also doing BigData projects in recent years. First private internet was around '96, but have been using it since early 90s when you could still keep track of all servers and websites on a few sheets of paper. We called it edunet as almost all servers were in the .edu TLD.

I never used anything "social" - if I want to socialize I have a drink with real people. I joined Facebook only for TelloFpv and the only real thing they have is my first name and my IP, everything else is fake. I use the Incognito mode of Chrome when going there to reduce my exposure. Not perfect but good enough.

I have given up regarding data privacy and Google :cautious: but that doesn't mean I give my data away to anyone asking.

Reactions: shambhu
Do you also wear a tinfoil hat ?? :p

Not much anymore, can't take the noise... the alarm I added to mine 'alerts' so often it sounds like one long constant beeeeeeep. :ROFLMAO:

I never used anything "social" - if I want to socialize I have a drink with real people.

I hear ya! Same with me.

Awaiting v0.98 with bated breath :)

nobody's going to like 0.98. Mostly bugfix, and lots of "invisible work" under the hood.

nobody's going to like 0.98. Mostly bugfix, and lots of "invisible work" under the hood.

Nah, we'll all like it - because we can appreciate how quickly this app materialized and how far it's come in a short time... and what it's done for our enjoyment of little Tello.

And the 'invisible work' is what keeps it lean, mean and clean....

I tried following the wiki link, in this thread, but there was nothing there.

I had tried going into the Wiki that exists in this pages menu and tried creating a new page:

1628273892077.png

I saved it and there were no error messages, or "the page will appear after moderation". But it didn't appear in the menu.

Is there interest in having a more complete Wiki för Tello?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv