Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello FPV app/GameSir T1d/Samsung J3/extender

campert

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

Is it a good idea in order to keep control over little Tello at distances from 100 - 200 m. to attach the Xiaomi mi repeater 2?

How does that work? Manual available?

Sorry fro this again stupid and perhaps already answered question...

Maurits
Kortgene, Holland

I'm also thinking about a range extender an I found the Kobwa-Extender. A poast about this you can find here: >Link<

I'm also thinking about a range extender an I found the Kobwa-Extender. A poast about this you can find here: >Link<
Thx. I do hear a lot about xiaomi mi repeater 2 and the n300 wifi rnge extender meross mre220...

In order to achieve over 100m with your Tello, you will need a range extender. Basically you just connect your range extender to a battery pack and set it on a table or on the ground some 3 or 4m from you. After that just configure it one time and you are done.

In order to achieve over 100m with your Tello, you will need a range extender. Basically you just connect your range extender to a battery pack and set it on a table or on the ground some 3 or 4m from you. After that just configure it one time and you are done.
Thx. What extender and battery pack do you suggest? Price indication?
Maurits

Maurits
Most of us use the Xiaomi, so it's a proven extender. The Meross isn't as good as the Xiaomi. I haven't tested any others. Any battery pack that you can get your hands on will work. They hardly consume any electricity, so a small throwaway battery pack will power it up.

Maurits
U better use otg cable with a controller, not t1d, should u find video quality bad. For how to optimize your repeater performance see this post Link. Repeater is a must if u wanna go far. Without repeater my tello runs out of signal at less than 50m in urban setting.

Thx. I did order the Xiaomi repeater 2 plus 20000 batterypack.

Most of us use the Xiaomi, so it's a proven extender. The Meross isn't as good as the Xiaomi. I haven't tested any others. Any battery pack that you can get your hands on will work. They hardly consume any electricity, so a small throwaway battery pack will power it up.

Hi, I did buy the Xiaomi repeater 2 plus 20000 battery bank. But: how to connect between TelloFPVapp/Tello/Gamesir T1d/Xiaomi 2/Samsung J3...?

Thx. I do hear a lot about xiaomi mi repeater 2 and the n300 wifi rnge extender meross mre220...

Hi, I did order the Xiaomiwifi repeater for 15 euros and the Xiaomi 20.000 mAh powerbank for 30 euro. Hope to be able to connect Tello/TelloFPVapp/GameSir T1d (left D buttons still not working)/Repeater2/Samsung J3...seems to be quite a hell of a job especially for the less priviliged edp oldies. Maurits

That battery bank has enough juice to power the extender for around 125 hrs !!!

But you can also use it to charge the Tello batteries, just need a charging cable.

Reactions: campert
Hi, Can you please tell me how to connect mi wifi extender 2 ffa2 with Tello and GameSir T1d via Volatello's Tello FPV app with my Samsung J3. I just did receive the extender but am stuck despite Youtube explanations that are not very specific about what exactly do do and in which order...pse HELP. Maurits

I don't know what to say. Other than adding a password and using original Tello app to do the original setup, it should work.

Once you have the normal app working using the extender it should not be a problem to switch to tellofpv. The only thing is that you have to explicitly close the tello app or it will claim and hold the connection to tello

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv