Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello FPV

Tello User

Reaction score
Hey since I had never bought anything off of Google play I was wondering when I buy the Tello FPV app do I need to pay extra for the updates or other things or is it just I buy the app and the updates are free and it's like a normal free app

Reactions: Stele
easy there. you are giving them ideas

Reactions: jvangurp
Stele is accurate for what is currently advertised. This does not rule out additional features for additional costs in the future. The developer is the best there is from a service/update standpoint as far as I'm concerned. If he added some amazing feature in the future, which took a lot of time to develop, I think additional costs for add-ons would be reasonable and worth-it!

Stele is accurate for what is currently advertised. This does not rule out additional features for additional costs in the future. The developer is the best there is from a service/update standpoint as far as I'm concerned. If he added some amazing feature in the future, which took a lot of time to develop, I think additional costs for add-ons would be reasonable and worth-it!

This is an exact description of the situation. So far all updates have been free and that will stay for the most part.

But:
I have one killer feature in mind, and if I ever find the time and it really works then this will go into another app, and be a paid "in-app purchase" for TelloFpv.

But odds are 50:50 for it to work reliable enough to pass my personal quality, so I would not hold my breath. I will reveal as soon as I know if it is feasible or not.

Reactions: xcrost
easy there. you are giving them ideas
Too late :p

A few months too late actually. I you read the epic thread about telloFpv you will see that I laid out my plan for world domination quite early, including hints that not everything will always be free.
But no worries, normal updates will remain free, and I am determined to keep TelloFpv alive over the lifecycle of Tello. And I hope they will release a successor drone with equally bad stock software.

Reactions: xcrost and Stele
Too late :p

A few months too late actually. I you read the epic thread about telloFpv you will see that I laid out my plan for world domination quite early, including hints that not everything will always be free.
But no worries, normal updates will remain free, and I am determined to keep TelloFpv alive over the lifecycle of Tello. And I hope they will release a successor drone with equally bad stock software.
U know ios ppl will bring pitch forks to ur door

Reactions: xcrost

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv