Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

TELLO GOES SWIMMING, BUT KEEPS ON SPINNING!

MNNJR69

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I pray that everyone is safe and healthy!
My wife and I went to one of our favorite parks here in Las Vegas, Tule Springs. I have flown there many times before and even posted some Tello footage. To make a long story about the same, we were having a wonderful afternoon by the lakeside at a picnic site. We had just gotten finished barbecuing hamburgers and eating. As we were sitting and enjoying the fresh air, I decided to pull the Tello out and take it for a spin to get some footage of our wonderful moment. I did a short series of maneuvers to make sure all was flying well. Things worked out great the Tello was flying like a charm, until I felt the need for speed, and started flying like Maverick ( footage slowed to 1/8000 cause it's just to fast) and decided it was time to buzz the goose through a tree with a "Y" configuration of branches. (As seen in video). While pulling some hard G's, and as I was in an inverted roll to flip the tree a bird.....I had a flame out! Suddenly all I could see was garbled green, then blackout. I immediately dropped my phone and ran to the tree that was stretching out over the lake, only to find my tello had turned into a Tellosubmarine! I immediately braved the cold water, leaches, snapping turtles, razor sharp sticks, rotten mushy leaves and muck to get my ankles wet to start the salvage hoist! Glady it was successful and the Tello was able to be retrieved from that dark muddy goose poop filled abyss! I immediately removed the battery and set it upside down for 30 minutes or so then we packed up and left. After we got home about 3 hrs later I took the bottom plate off and poured 90% rubbing alcohol all over it to help evaporate any remaining moisture ( works like a charm. Better than rice in a bag concept) and ran the hair dryer over it for 5 minutes or so. I then put a battery in and connected to TelloFPV and she flew like she never missed a beat! What a great little tough and durable drone! Anyway, if you've read this far, thanks and enjoy the footage!?

Last edited:
Same happened to mine, was in the Dominican Republic flying it at the resort and think their Wifi interfered with it and it drifted away not responding and hit the top of the swim up bar and went right into the pool. I was able to get it quickly and let it dry out for about a day and she worked perfectly. Tough little drone.

Reactions: Terry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv