Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello Library for Dart - ryze_tello

eliaxelang007

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I've built a Tello library for Dart;
I've been using it for some time now for personal projects but I figured I'd share it with you

Code:
import 'package:ryze_tello/ryze_tello.dart';

void main() async {
  late final Tello tello;

try {
    /* Initializing */
    tello = await Tello.tello();

/* Flying Around */
    await tello.takeoff();

await Future.delayed(const Duration(seconds: 5));

await tello.land();
  } finally {
    /* Cleanup & Disconnection */
    tello
        .disconnect(); // IMPORTANT: Must be called to properly dispose of the sockets that connect to the Tello.
  }
}

As of now, my library can do most of the things listed in the 1.3 Tello SDK,
but I'm planning on adding to it in the future.

Last edited:
Hi guys!

I've built a Tello library for Dart;
I've been using it for some time now for personal projects but I figured I'd share it with you

Code:
import 'package:ryze_tello/ryze_tello.dart';

void main() async {
  late final Tello tello;

try {
    /* Initializing */
    tello = await Tello.tello();

/* Flying Around */
    await tello.takeoff();

await Future.delayed(const Duration(seconds: 5));

await tello.land();
  } finally {
    /* Cleanup & Disconnection */
    tello
        .disconnect(); // IMPORTANT: Must be called to properly dispose of the sockets that connect to the Tello.
  }
}

As of now, my library can do most of the things listed in the 1.3 Tello SDK,
but I'm planning on adding to it in the future.
Nice job. Keep up the great work. It's always good to have another language in the mix. Especially Dart since Flutter is becoming more and more popular.

Hi guy,

I'm new to using tello dart library and I'm trying to get my tello video stream in my flutter application. I want to be able to display the video in my app so I can use my object detection model to detect the objects in the live video feed. Has anyone done this before or has any idea how I can achieve that?

Hi guy,

I'm new to using tello dart library and I'm trying to get my tello video stream in my flutter application. I want to be able to display the video in my app so I can use my object detection model to detect the objects in the live video feed. Has anyone done this before or has any idea how I can achieve that?
Hi Emmanuel!

Unfortunately, I haven't added any video related functionality to my library except for the ability
to start and stop the Tello's video feed.

Even so, I might have a few ideas about how you could show your Tello's live feed in your app.

As per my documentation,

Code:
Starts the Tello's video stream.

By default, the Tello streams its video data on port 11111.

You can get a live feed of the stream with the terminal command:
ffmpeg -i udp://0.0.0.0:11111 -f sdl "Tello Video Stream"

The Tello streams its video data on port 11111.
Through this port, you might be able to show your Tello's video data in your app and do object detection on it.

Thank you eliaxelang007, I will give it a try. It will be a great resource if you could provide a video tutorial on how to get the video stream running. Thank you for all your efforts in making this library available.

Last edited:
Hi Emmanuel! Sorry for taking a while to reply, I got busy with school. I'll try to throw together a video tutorial this weekend
: D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philipp.weisser@ksehingen