Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello Low Light Warning

Pparmly

Reaction score
I'm new to the Tello, my problem is that even with light shining through the windows I still get a low light warning. I bought it for flying in the house, but there is no controlling it. Any suggestions?

I tried that too thinking that ambient light might be more than just sunlight. It's just not what I was expecting. I was hoping for a winter fly inside drone.

I get the low light message, but I can still fly it normally. I’m pretty new to this too, but maybe yours has something wrong with it?

Lighting is very important, but also the type of flooring in your house. I can't fly / control my Tello in certain rooms in my house. These rooms have solid colored carpeting. But other rooms, with the same lighting, that have hardwood and tile flooring, the Tello is much more stable. Check out the Tello User Manual VSP (page 7) or TelloFPV App Manual VPS (page 11), if you have that app. If you don't have that app, get it, it's amazing.

Lighting is very important, but also the type of flooring in your house. I can't fly / control my Tello in certain rooms in my house. These rooms have solid colored carpeting. But other rooms, with the same lighting, that have hardwood and tile flooring, the Tello is much more stable. Check out the Tello User Manual VSP (page 7) or TelloFPV App Manual VPS (page 11), if you have that app. If you don't have that app, get it, it's amazing.
Well stated.

I fly indoors everyday, with a low light warning on the screen most of the time. As long as Tello is not over a solid floor, countertop, or other solid colored surface, it's fine. It's also best to stay at least 1 - 2 meters above anything, Tello can get kinda squirrelly when it's down low

Reactions: Fari and arrow_206
The Tello flies fine outdoors and in well lit areas of the house. I appreciate all the comments, they did help me to know it's not just me or the drone. I'm a bit disappointed, but I'm sure that will go away once the temps go up outdoors and I'm flying the skies. Again thanks for the info and tips.

they did help me to know it's not just me or the drone.
It's not just you, Tello has it's idiosyncrasies... some of which, I do not understand why. But once you learn them all and get used to it, it's still a lot of fun!... and probably the most stable indoor drone on the market ATM (given enough lighting and 'patterns' for the downward camera to look at LOL)

It may be just perception issues. The bottom positioning camera probaly has a fixed apeture and frame rate, and could not detect the patterns on the floor to position itself. It would not hurt to turn on the light , unless you are living in 1880 with incandescent bulbs.

• Wow
Reactions: MNNJR69
It may be just perception issues. The bottom positioning camera probaly has a fixed apeture and frame rate, and could not detect the patterns on the floor to position itself. It would not hurt to turn on the light , unless you are living in 1880 with incandescent bulbs.

????

Don’t forget you need to be over a few metres or the firmware limits the Tellos attitude. The corrective angle is limited when you’re down low.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv