Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello motors lifespan?

USDrone

Reaction score
Does anyone know the approximate lifespan we can expect of the Tello's motors?
Are they rated for a minimum number of hours?
Thanks!

Last edited:
I have flown the drone 179 times since I bought it (August this year) and each flight has been 10 minutes and has not had problems with the engines, I could say that no sound is made.

Per this post: Brushed motors life expectancy (now with answer from Ryze)

Ryze says
...the motor's life is More than 40 hours under reliability test and our test method is more stringent than the actual use of the customers.

Sounds like we should be getting at least 40 hours minimum. As a corporation, they have to be careful about what they promise, so hopefully they have used quality motors that have a long lifespan of use.

Reactions: raulvolador
I have flown the drone 179 times since I bought it (August this year) and each flight has been 10 minutes and has not had problems with the engines, I could say that no sound is made.
Wow, 179, that is great! Do you keep track of each flight in some kind of log, or does the Tello app keep track of that for us automatically in some kind of flight log? If so, where?
Thanks!

Wow, 179, that is great! Do you keep track of each flight in some kind of log, or does the Tello app keep track of that for us automatically in some kind of flight log? If so, where?
Thanks!

I always take time as long as the flight lasts and I have a flight counter, although the TelloFPV app brings that built into the flight logs.

Thanks!
You can sign up for a free AirData account and it will log your flights and also give other basic info such as flight time, max altitude and total flight time for all of your flights.

Chris

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv