Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

tello motors

I solder in JST connectors so the next time replacement is plug and play.

Personally I would just buy a new one for $100 it’s a throwaway drone.

one of my motors gets too hot to touch after flying for a while. The prop has more resistance than the others when spun by hand. Is it possible to fix this problem without replacing the whole motor? Would this be covered under warranty?

Could be a problem with one bearing on this motor. The Tello has brushed motors.
Possibly you can fix it with a little drop of oil. But if you take the wrong sort of oil you make it worster and you loose your warranty.
If you still have your warranty you should contact your retailer or Ryze.

You will need to replace the motor or send it in under warranty.

Last edited:
Tello engines have no bearings, but only bushings. maybe it is slightly dirty (kneaded) the pole at the top (under the propeller) and struggling to spin produces atrito "heat" I would try to put a small drop of oil and try to turn the hand of the propeller to see if everything improves. (A drop, not a lake)

motor tel.PNG

If you need to replace the engines and you're good at micro welding, I recommend a cleaner job.

Bearings - Bushings ... :unsure:
Sorry for my basicly english. o_O
You pointet exectly the position at the engine I had in mind. (y)

Which kind of oil? Can he take WD40?
WD40 is Water Displacement formula 40 - cleaning and displacing water, but not lubing. You can try that to clean the bushing, but I would rather use some silicone or teflon based oil.

Reactions: MrSpok
Bearings - Bushings ... :unsure:
Sorry for my basicly english. o_O
You pointet exectly the position at the engine I had in mind. (y)

Which kind of oil? Can he take WD40?

Anti-friction lubricating oil for bushings and bearings, It is found in modellismo shops.
Like this. or ZX1 Micro Oil C76
67643_2.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: MrSpok and stewe12
Newbie question. Looking for the best replacement motors. Not planning on replacing all at once. I see some options listed in some of the forums and you tube etc. but when I look them up they all seem to have different specs such as no load speeds or no load current along with load speeds etc. Are there motors available that have the exact specs as the OEM motors and if not what ones will be the closest to them and not change the way Tello fly's? Any help would be appreciated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv