Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello on water

Yes, it still can fly above the water. But sometimes drifting like 2 - 3 cm away. The video sometimes got shaky above water.

Not recommended tho, because sometimes it will say "Landing as soon as possible". For a few times, The Tello attempted to land automatically even above water. It's dangerous.

Yes, it still can fly above the water. But sometimes drifting like 2 - 3 cm away. The video sometimes got shaky above water.

Not recommended tho, because sometimes it will say "Landing as soon as possible". For a few times, The Tello attempted to land automatically even above water. It's dangerous.
Well it’s not that dangerous as the tello’s logic board has a hydrophobic coating that helps it deal with water crashes (on freshwater atleast, rip if you crashed on saltwater) as ryze knows the first time pilots will do dumb stuff and fly over anything they want. Still not recommended, you might lose your tello.

I've tried a few times. it's hairy, the VPS system doesn't cope too well (ie shuts off straight away), and if there's a breeze, it can drift a little (nothing putting it into fast mode couldn't bring back)
Luckily I've not had "landing as soon as possible", but I'm not in a hurry to do it again

I have also flown above water, briefly.

VPS failure, attempted landing while caught on a draft. Recovered control, brought it over the dock and snatched it out of the air.

Nearly lost it, not recommended.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97bugsinthecode