Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

tello programming swarm video

grueDrone

Reaction score

this video shows a tello edu that he was programming to swarm control. he uses two in his testing.

interesting point early in this video though is that he sends commands to the tello to tell it to connect to a hotspot aka wifi router.

i wonder two things:

1. i do not have the tello edu version, just tello. i'll have to see if i can use udp commands to connect to it and connect to my home router. then we could figure out if we could connect to a portable hotspot out in the field. as opposed to a portable hotspot/range extender relaying the signal from the drone. it might make a difference if the portable unit has more powerful antenna and signal generation

2. more importantlly, can you even fly the tello with a ipad or phone if both the ipad/android are connected to the same portable or home router as the tello is connected to. so, if the tello is no longer the hotspot, but instead a portable device is the network (or home router), will the controller work through the home router and relay to the tello and vice versa?

Reactions: ksteffen

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv