Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello repeater suggestion

ale.one

Reaction score
Hi all guys, I'm new here and a new tello owner. I need to know some tips about wifi repeater and parabolic signal booster... I want to attach a powerbank with the xiaomi repeater to my t1s but I read here that the repeater must be located 5/10m far from me. Is it true? I want to create the booster with DVD plastic part. Nowadays I use the powerbank 1/2 meters from me with the xiaomi repeater in a street with houses to the left and to the right near themself..today I noticed some small wifi interference at 20 m high and ~20 m distance from me...is it normal? There are a lot of houses. Please, I need suggestion and tips for extender and signal booster use to minimize interference. I attach a photo of my place. Thanks

P. S I have a mate 10 pro phone.

Attachments

• IMG_20200716_193801.jpg
    IMG_20200716_193801.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
Hi all guys, I'm new here and a new tello owner. I need to know some tips about wifi repeater and parabolic signal booster... I want to attach a powerbank with the xiaomi repeater to my t1s but I read here that the repeater must be located 5/10m far from me. Is it true? I want to create the booster with DVD plastic part. Nowadays I use the powerbank 1/2 meters from me with the xiaomi repeater in a street with houses to the left and to the right near themself..today I noticed some small wifi interference at 20 m high and ~20 m distance from me...is it normal? There are a lot of houses. Please, I need suggestion and tips for extender and signal booster use to minimize interference. I attach a photo of my place. Thanks

Hello mate. Since the signal works with wifi, it’s affected by a lot signals, special in the neighborhood, electricity lines, walls, buildings, all the wifis from the all houses, others Bluetooth signals, etc. etc. Also your phone Sometimes works better in the airplane mode and also the Bluetooth off in case you are not using. Try to use the Tello directly (phone with Tello) and off the rest of your phone to start checking interferences. Then add the control, then add the Xiaomi, then the parabolic to the Xiaomi. Will be good, if you want to check the booster with the Xiaomi, try in the open spaces (natural parks) without wifi interference and check how works for you. When you use the Xiaomi, works like a extender, so sometimes works better close to you and sometimes between you target distance (Tello=User) and will do depending on the interference from the surroundings. I hope you can understand my English, was not my native language. Enjoy this little but impressive drone, and be careful with the winds. Use the UAV Forecast app to check winds speed, direction, altitude levels. Etc. To fight the wind, select fast speed, remove the guards, increase the angle on the settings and don’t fly with winds more than 10 km/h. Good Luck mate ?

Reactions: Bobzhn and Flydrone
Hello mate. Since the signal works with wifi, it’s affected by a lot signals, special in the neighborhood, electricity lines, walls, buildings, all the wifis from the all houses, others Bluetooth signals, etc. etc. Also your phone Sometimes works better in the airplane mode and also the Bluetooth off in case you are not using. Try to use the Tello directly (phone with Tello) and off the rest of your phone to start checking interferences. Then add the control, then add the Xiaomi, then the parabolic to the Xiaomi. Will be good, if you want to check the booster with the Xiaomi, try in the open spaces (natural parks) without wifi interference and check how works for you. When you use the Xiaomi, works like a extender, so sometimes works better close to you and sometimes between you target distance (Tello=User) and will do depending on the interference from the surroundings. I hope you can understand my English, was not my native language. Enjoy this little but impressive drone, and be careful with the winds. Use the UAV Forecast app to check winds speed, direction, altitude levels. Etc. To fight the wind, select fast speed, remove the guards, increase the angle on the settings and don’t fly with winds more than 10 km/h. Good Luck mate ?
Thanks a lot for the answer!
Thanks for all suggestion.. I'll give a try in an open space... I always tried to fly around my house... So it's not a good range and interferences test. However I alredy fly on airplane mode... I'll try all suggestion you given to me. Your English is good, mine is bad! Have a good day ?

Reactions: Carlos S.

Are you picking up Wi-Fi interference or Bluetooth interference or both? What type of remote controller are you using? If you’re using something that is not hardwired or corded and relies on Bluetooth then there’s also potential latency which appears as interference to the operator. At least that’s how I see it. Let me know

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vagabundus