Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello - Scratch and Droneblocks won't work

noobz

Reaction score
Hello,

My Tello seems to function fine from a piloting aspect, using the phone app or the GameSir controller; however, I can't seem to use Scratch on the laptop or the Droneblocks app properly.
Using either Scratch or Droneblocks, both connect fine, I get sensor data, and in the Droneblocks app I get the camera feed. I can't make the drone do anything except take off and then generally the first command after that, nothing else gets processed.

A simple program of Take off > fly forward 20cm > yaw right 90 > land - this program will take off, and then just hover.
A simple program of Take off > flip (any direction) > land - this will take off and do a flip, then do nothing.

The results are the same in Scratch 3 on the laptop and the Droneblocks app - the only thing I have to go on is that on the laptop, the response is often "out of range" even though the drone is less than 2m away and sensor data is still working.

I haven't found much online that sounds like anyone else having this issue, so any help would be great.

Thanks

Do you have your phone or tablet in airplane mode?
Nope. I don't think the "out of range" error is meaningful - using the tello app on my phone with the GameSir controller, I'm getting video feed and can give land/take off commands to around 8 metres with no problem. I can also issue the same "program" via scratch repeatedly and it will take off repeatedly, it just never does anything else in the program.

Try airplane mode. My laptop/computers would disconnect from the Tello and reconnect with my home wifi after a few seconds. I had very similar issues until I did that.

Try airplane mode. My laptop/computers would disconnect from the Tello and reconnect with my home wifi after a few seconds. I had very similar issues until I did that.
I'll give it a go but this doesn't appear to be the issue as I can fly the drone using the GameSir control, or the phone app no problem, no disconnections. The only problem is trying to use scratch or droneblocks app, and the device isn't disconnecting at all

I have the same problem. Every time he missed a few of the blocks? Is it possible to help. Since the new app it is not working anymore.

I am having exactly the same problem. I am using Node.js version 8.17, and the firmware version on my Tello is 01.04.92.01. When I attempt to run a program in Scratch with various commands for the drone, the drone responds correctly to the "takeoff" and "land" commands in Scratch, it seems to ignore all other commands, such as "fly right" or "rotate." PLEASE HELP!

Exact same problem. Phone app works fine. Connecting to Droneblocks proves to be futile. Launch, land, maybe executes one or two blocks skipping most. I've troubleshooted everything I can think of. Even calibrated IMU.

Hi, I was in the same situation, and the issue in my case was related to Windows firewall permissions. You need to enable "Droneblocks" and "ffmpeg" for both public and private networks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv