Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello Vision 1D: Android App Demo

Thank you for your wok. We will download. We are looking for a way to get videos into ZOOM. This might be the link. This tiny drone has stimulated a whole new world of creativity in making for all ages, and all seasons.

Works well! I like the object-find, ...it located my cell phone, microwave, refrigerator and more - cool.
What video SDK are you using? (OpenCV?)
BTW getting 10fps on Sumsung8 cell.
Is there a way to move the phones position (except typing in commands)?

Reactions: pgminin
Works well! I like the object-find, ...it located my cell phone, microwave, refrigerator and more - cool.
What video SDK are you using? (OpenCV?)
BTW getting 10fps on Sumsung8 cell.
Is there a way to move the phones position (except typing in commands)?

Hi! I'm glad that works for you!
Tello Vision 1D uses TensorFlow lite for realtime object detection.
I used OpenCV with yolov3 on my PC Python version, but I found tflite easier to use for the android Java jmplementation.
For now you can set only vertical position (up/down) or send simple text commands like "forward 80" to move the tello.
But I'm still improving the App, so you can tell me suggestions or what is going bad on your tests to help me getting it better.
(Btw I know that adding standard position joy con would be good!)

Thanks

Since you been so kind as to answer, What do you use for development tools: edit, simulate, compile etc ...
Thanks!

Reactions: pgminin
Since you been so kind as to answer, What do you use for development tools: edit, simulate, compile etc ...
Thanks!

I can give you some details on my work:

I started my dev in Python from this good framework (tello sdk + opencv):

Than I added
1) yolov3 object detection
2) PID tracking
3) State Machine for autopilot mode selection

For visual pid tuning I tried a model based approach importing realtime telemetry data (easily generated in python) in Matlab and making some model identification to gain insight on control loop delay.

This was one year of work (and fun), and you can see some of the results on my youtube channel

Than I started Android development.
I just use Android Studio, studing, exploring and building a lot from the good code that everyone can find on github.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv