Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello wifi range extender

Emilmjensen

Reaction score
Hi TelloPilots

i am new with the tello and only had it for a week now. But i have read alot about people extending the range with wifi extenders.
But is there any recommendations?

Have read about the Xiaomi range extender, it just seems complicated that you have to make accounts on xiaomi apps and all that, so i would here if there i some other extenders that could be used?
And what people would recommend. Or is the Xiaomi not that complicated to set up, and just the right choise? :)

Would it be possible to use something like this: TL-WN821N | 300Mbps Wireless N USB Adapter | TP-Link

hope someone can help a new Tello pilot :)

Last edited:
I beleive that any range extender will get the job done. It is my opinion that most people choose the Xiaomi since it’s really cheap and reliable.

Reactions: Clinton1
i have a meross mre220 extender because i do not like the xia extender. (data privacy policy of the app). The TP-Link Adapter i do not know

After you have set it up, just delete the app from your phone. No problems, no worries about privacy.
The problem is that it looks like that the app is sending all your contacts , bookmarls, gps data,..... to china when you first set up the account.Deleting later will not help ?
my suggestion is to use for the set up a "clear" phone (e.g. an old one where everything is deleted) when you are using this extender.

Im sure you can configure the xiaomi via ip address and bypass the app

I’m more intrigued on how much he paid for it. Everywhere I look, they are asking from $200+

sfs-archery about the MRE 220, what range do you get from it with your Tello? :)
I made no test until yet. And the wather is getting worse. So i do not think that i can make a testflight the next weeks. (additional i am on several business trips)
but I made a short overflew over our archery range. This was something in the area of 70 to 90 meters.

Okay, so its not as good at the Xiaomi? I see people talking about range of over 200 meters with that. :)

Strange. On paper one should get the same distance as the Xiaomi

I have the Xiaomi range extender, and it work perfect. Nothing difficult to set it up. After you have set it up, just delete the app from your phone. No problems, no worries about privacy. It still connect to it every time. Hope this helps.
+1

Just work slowly through the setup guides on here. Don't panic if it fails first time (mine did) but just repeat until it works. Then buy cheap and cheerful powerbank and keep it dedicated to the extender. Nothing could be easier to use and only £15-20 for the pair.

I have the Xiaomi range extender, and it work perfect. Nothing difficult to set it up. After you have set it up, just delete the app from your phone. No problems, no worries about privacy. It still connect to it every time. Hope this helps.
+1

Great idea. I uninstalled app too and Wifi extender still working ok. I noticed Xiaomi MI app is wasting my battery and using mobile data.

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv