Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello with Alfa Network R36A

Gino Tonico

Reaction score
good evening, everyone. I've been a tello pilot for a couple of months, I'm using the extender Xiaomi, and I'm glad how it works.
Having said that, I have a Wi-Fi 11n Alfa WiFi Camp Pro 2 estender router and tried to match him to the Tello
without success, or rather said, I can match him properly but:
1. the TelloFPV app does not detect any signal and does not work;
2. The original app sees the tello, it can be run and fly, but the video is absent and the screen remains black.

Unfortunately, I have to amputate my complete ignorance about the function of the Wifi networks.
Do any of you know how to properly set up the Alpha Network R36A, if that's possible?
sorry for my English, thanks to who will answer
greetings, everyone

IF I understand the system correctly, it's the Mi Home app that brings it all together. The TELLO and the phone have to both be connected to the same wifi at the same time and be routed to talk to each other. Normal wifi routers would go out of their way to keep multiple devices from "interfering" with each other. Let us all know if/when you get this worked out! Very interested!

IF I understand the system correctly, it's the Mi Home app that brings it all together. The TELLO and the phone have to both be connected to the same wifi at the same time and be routed to talk to each other.
Afraid not. The Tello is a Wifi access point/router and so has is own network and you have to connect your phone to the Tello just like you would to your home WiFi. The WiFi extender /repeater works as both a client and a hotspot at the same time. It's client connects to the Tello network and its hotspot creates another network that you connect your phone to. The extender then acts as a relay between the two networks.

I haven't used the Mi extender, and won't because of privacy issues, but I believe the app is only used to set up the repeater. I have trialed using a Pix-Link LV-UE02 USB powered repeater which seemed to work quite well once set up and plugged into a power bank for outside use.

Reactions: jasonmrye
Afraid not. The Tello is a Wifi access point/router and so has is own network and you have to connect your phone to the Tello just like you would to your home WiFi. The WiFi extender /repeater works as both a client and a hotspot at the same time. It's client connects to the Tello network and its hotspot creates another network that you connect your phone to. The extender then acts as a relay between the two networks.

I haven't used the Mi extender, and won't because of privacy issues, but I believe the app is only used to set up the repeater. I have trialed using a Pix-Link LV-UE02 USB powered repeater which seemed to work quite well once set up and plugged into a power bank for outside use.

Awesome! Some of this tech has been somewhat glossed over by me as it didn't (immediately) effect my flying or my presentation of the information to anyone else. Now that I've gotten a little deeper into this, I need to dive deeper still to better understand the stuff behind it so as to be able to make the most of it. Thanks for the best explanation of the workings of it I've heard yet!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv