Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

TelloFPV app for iOS

Thanks for finding me, I’m drowning in the deep end. I just tried to respond to you with two different tablets and for some reason I couldn’t get logged in. My elderly mother got hacked. I had our devices linked together .Most of my stuff will not work. i’m now experiencing the very same problems that my mother has had for years.uuugh. Anyway I’ve got information to share with you, and I guess I should say congratulations because it looks like you are launching a new app. I have had two of your apps for a long time and I haven’t used FPV yet. Your optical view sensor seems to tell tello whether or not to panic. After adjusting the lights in probably a couple hundred different ways, it tends to work better if you lead it. Pronounced “Leed” be sure the light beam extends beyond where Tello is heading in the very next moment. I have pictures of a flash n fill on the bottom with adjustable elevation from tiny pieces of commercial grade Velcro. The idea here being, manipulate the sensor into thinking everything‘s OK. For your viewing camera, again commercial Velcro because it weighs less than any mount, A 10 g nitecore is ideal. Let me know when you get this, I’ve got some stuff sitting in front of me and I can click you some pictures

yes.

Apple approved a preliminary version to the store, so I was able to create this pre-order entry.

The first "real" version was just submitted to Testflight minutes ago, and once approved will be released to beta testers. Approval should take a day or two but during holiday season & covid you never know

The real thing should be ready early January but will not be 100% complete (lacking flight logs for example, maybe VR). Completion will take a few more weeks but I won't do every detail the same way I have done it in Android.
Over the last year I learned what makes sense and what doesn't:
Controller tuning will be simpler, and won't support a separate configuration for each controller you may have for example.
External controllers supported are MFI, Flypad, Gamesir T1d, and whatever the iOS supports (PS4 I think works as well).

I won't do the vGPS add-on, as I don't consider it _that_ useful and it was a huge pile of work for the microscopic revenue it generates (like a beer or two per month!).
My pre-order is in... looking forward to it!!

Does the new ios app support the Xbox controller (as the Android version did)?

Does the new ios app support the Xbox controller (as the Android version did)?

In terms of external controllers it should support any gamepad your iOS supports (check with a gamepad tester app!), plus T1D, T1S and Flypad.
Recommended controllers:
Wired: Gamevice works perfect but the tiny sticks could use some extensions.
BT: Flypad is a different level for stick precision and linearity compared to normal gamepads. But it's BT with all the problems associated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: volate!lo
Hey I have a question I am new here first of all and I was wondering does the Tello FPV app have Controllers Support like the regular app I mean I would assume so But I don’t wanna be five dollars down a drain if it doesn’t have it

TelloFpv iOS: All controllers supported natively by iOS (wired or wireless MFI controllers like Steelseries Stratus for example) plus Gamesir T1D, T1S, Parrot Flypad.

TelloFpv Android: All controllers supported natively by Android (wired or wireless PS or XBox controllers for example) plus Gamesir T1D, T1S, Parrot Flypad.

Reactions: Love rc Rzlick
TelloFpv iOS: All controllers supported natively by iOS (wired or wireless MFI controllers like Steelseries Stratus for example) plus Gamesir T1D, T1S, Parrot Flypad.

TelloFpv Android: All controllers supported natively by Android (wired or wireless PS or XBox controllers for example) plus Gamesir T1D, T1S, Parrot Flypad.
Yeah thank you I was just wondering before I spend six dollars on application I already got a PS4 controller and I used to fly with my Tello on the native application

Hi, just joined this forum. also just bought and tried the Tello FPV app for ios with the Gamesir T1D controller.
first and very limited experience is impressive. especially the ability to control the sensitivity of the controller joysticks which makes flying indoors much more responsive and therefore fun.

Tello fpv has been amazing to fly with thus far. One wishlist I’d like to propose is to move the flight counter slightly higher so it is not obstructed

That bar is the iOS “home bar” that we pull up to switch out from apps to homescreen

Attachments

• 3E5F4C18-405E-42EF-A5D2-C462F6C2B5D2.jpeg
    3E5F4C18-405E-42EF-A5D2-C462F6C2B5D2.jpeg
    83.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Hi. Finally got around to briefly trying the amazing TelloFPV app for iOS today. Connecting to iphone 11Pro Max was easy! A short indoor trip for Tello from kitchen to family room (straight line flight) was flawless. Did a RTH from family room back to kithchen, Tello turned around nicely and returned to what was close to the starting point, landed but motors didnt turn off. I tried an emergency 4-button-push emergency STOP, several times and motors kept running. Got a low ambient light warning. Tried hitting take-off button, no love. Manually took off, hovered and hit land button and Tello landed and motors turned off. Took off again, hovered, hit 4-button-push emergency STOP, nada. Hit land button and it did, motors off. Several more attempts at emergency STOP didnt work. Any suggestions?

Emergency stop needs to enabled in the settings first.

Normally TelloFPv doesn't land upon RTH unless you activated this in the settings. If it is set to land on RTH it will actually land (that is it sends a "Land" command to tello).

The only reason why tello could keep the motors spinning is in case the floor is moving or not flat (or tello for some reasons things that is the case). I had that a few times when landing on the couch
Tello will then keep spinning the props and will not allow automatik takeoff (only throttle up will work).

Emergency stop needs to enabled in the settings first.

Normally TelloFPv doesn't land upon RTH unless you activated this in the settings. If it is set to land on RTH it will actually land (that is it sends a "Land" command to tello).

The only reason why tello could keep the motors spinning is in case the floor is moving or not flat (or tello for some reasons things that is the case). I had that a few times when landing on the couch
Tello will then keep spinning the props and will not allow automatik takeoff (only throttle up will work).
Cool. Thanks volatello! Looking forward to playing some more. Hurry up spring!

I was going through my flight log and the duration of the flight feels off. I know I flew it for about 8 minutes nonstop but the flight log only shows 25 seconds?

92A5169D-8E93-4395-BE4A-40D8A4DA329C.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97bugsinthecode