Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

TelloFPV GPS question

The_5treet

Reaction score
Does anyone have the GPS enabled in the TelloFPV app, was wondering what you opinions were of it, is it worth it, how does work with your Tello, does it make a difference to flying. Any input would be great.

Not many people have it, so you possibly won't get many responses.

Why don't you try it yourself? If you own the paid version you can test it for free. Actually you have to test it, otherwise you can't purchase.

Not many people have it, so you possibly won't get many responses.

Why don't you try it yourself? If you own the paid version you can test it for free. Actually you have to test it, otherwise you can't purchase.
I think I'll have to give it a try, was just looking for some feedback from other people if they thought it improved performance or not.
I'll definitely give it a try and post my own feedback.
Thanks for the great App , I really appreciate everything you've done with it.

There is no improved flight performance. It only adds a bit of reporting.

Flights recorded in your flight log can be layed out in google earth, of course with some amount of error depending on VPS accuracy, compass, GPS, etc.
And in case of a lost drone you can open google maps for the last known position.
Of course both functions require that you run the vGPS sync process on every flight.

Personally I don't use it much, but others do. But then I don't do much long distance flights anyway, mostly extended backyard flying

Last edited:
There is no improved flight performance. It only adds a bit of reporting.

Flights recorded in your flight log can be layed out in google earth, of course with some amount of error depending on VPS accuracy, compass, GPS, etc.
And in case of a lost drone you can open google maps for the last known position.
Of course both functions require that you run the vGPS sync process on every flight.

Personally I don't use it much, but others do. But then I don't do much long distance flights anyway, mostly extended backyard flying
Tried using it today, but it said I don't have a compass ?

unless you found a new bug this means that your phone doesn't have a compass and you can't use vGPS. Many phones don't have a compass these days

unless you found a new bug this means that your phone doesn't have a compass and you can't use vGPS. Many phones don't have a compass these days
Not to worry , I tried it.
Still looking for a cheap iPhone to try TelloMe.
Keep up the great work it's really appreciated

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alqar