Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tri blade props

ph2t

Reaction score
Hey fellow modders, wanted to know everyone’s thoughts on tri blade props. I haven’t had any experience with them and thought I’d grab some off eBay to try out.

The ones I got are a bit small methinks and prolly won’t provide the extra thrust I want.

34C44982-A6F7-4737-8E73-94DB8151611B.jpeg

I’m no pilot and have a rudimentary level of knowledge when it comes to the dynamics of flight. I am interested in any experience other modders May have with tri blade props or any props for that matter that will provide more lift than the stock tello props.

Always wanting more.... my poor tello wishes I prolly never bought it, haha.

Cheers,
ph2t.

Reactions: DinoBaldi
I did some research on props when I was choosing 5" for my FPV quad. From my understanding you get more thrust with more blades, but not as much as you would expect (from 2 blade to 3 blade it is not 150% thrust), but more importantly it looses efficiency. And I think it is even worse in your case, because you went with smaller props. Or it looks like that on the photo.

But back to the topic. I also wanted tri-blades for Tello, but wasn't able to find anything suitable. So I went with these and am more than happy:

P_20181014_200820.jpg

A little bit more thrust and you can find more about them in this topic: Topic by Ansia and maybe more info about props in Tello sizes here: Search for carbon props

You probably already saw these topics and know the info, but that is all I can tell you...

Last edited:
Reactions: Ansia
I'm just curious on the rubber bands. What are they for?

I'm just curious on the rubber bands. What are they for?
I think the rubber band is to keep the Tello cover attached because ph2t already modified the cover to accomodate an extra cable (you can see a small black cable coming out from the top of the cover :LOL:

I think the rubber band is to keep the Tello cover attached because ph2t already modified the cover to accomodate an extra cable (you can see a small black cable coming out from the top of the cover :LOL:
That one yes. What about the one "holding" the front motors?

lol @Ansia, hell that's funny as **** mate! hahahaha my big old butt vaping in the new Zealand mountains last year on holiday.

To answer your question though the rubber bands were there to hold in a oem lipo battery I was testing for my CF frame conversion project. The balance was crap as but it worked and allowed me to make sure I had a way to try larger capacity batteries. the lipo sat on the underside and is poorly balanced in that setup.

@asoerjana the props work OK, not the best mate. they are underpowered for the tello, just not big enough. The one thing I did like is that they are a lot quieter than the tello props. Good for night time flying I reakon and just a bit nicer on the ears.

@stewe12 - thank you for the info mate I had seen the threads before but you saved me time in easily going back over them again as lots of stuff gets posted and threads get pushed back in the post lists quickly. I will try out those props you mentioned if I can find them on ebay.

cheers,
ph2t.

Don't buy them from ebay. They are more expensive. Buy them from the link that it's in my thread @stewe12 posted. You won't regret it. They are also quieter than oem and have won a battle against my cats. So there is that. ?

Hey Ansia, I bought those props you mentioned. (y) Looking forward to trying them out.
I also bought some more random tri blade props off ebay. Will see how they work out too.

cheers,

ph2t.

If you don't love them, I will refund your money. That's how sure I am of them.

Reactions: stewe12
Thanks @Ansia for the prop recommendation, they work well and are more quiet!
B10F4AEF-A2A0-4690-A3B3-5A7BE0B1177C.jpeg68F29D74-1F12-4F8D-9E29-28FC95AFC6EA.jpeg
If I get the chance I will test these props against the smaller tri blade props and stock tello props at the same time with my swarm of tello edus, hehe.

Cheers,
ph2t.

• Wow
Wait a minute! The smaller ones are supposed to be the better props you bought? They are King Kong 65mm. They are not the ones Ansia wanted you to buy. However KingKong 65 are awesome props, but in my opinion they are little on the weak side for Tello.

Do the Ansia recommended props have less flight time but more thrust?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv