Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

[UPDATE!!] Raspberry, python3.7, opencv and Tello. Success using the camera!

f41ardu

Reaction score
Using my home-brewed opencv 4.2.0 video is working with much better performance but long time-lag. Platform is Raspberry 3+ (Raspbian Buster) (fresh update/upgrade) and latest opencv 4.2.0.
This is prove of concept code. Tello is controlled using an other Phyton script.

I find a solution for the video-lag on my Rapberry 3+ and it turns out that it worked well on my Windows Client with opencv-python 4.1.2.30 plug-in installed!
So I guess there is no need for home-brewing opencv which is an other nightmare on Raspberry PI 3+. I made it anyway, but that is another story.

So guys now the aree is open to implement new Tello software using opencv image recognition features and ....
Let's go ahead!

See my gist:
TelloopencvCam

Last edited:
Hello! I have bought recently a Tello and currently I am having my first experiencies with it. I am experimenting with some very simple scripts in Pyhton 3.7.
I tryed to install OpenCV on a Raspberry Pi3 running Buster and I had several problems (my Linux knowledge is limited).
Could you give me some advice about the best way to do it? I think i will need to start from zero again (format and reinstall everything).

Hello! I have bought recently a Tello and currently I am having my first experiencies with it. I am experimenting with some very simple scripts in Pyhton 3.7.
I tryed to install OpenCV on a Raspberry Pi3 running Buster and I had several problems (my Linux knowledge is limited).
Could you give me some advice about the best way to do it? I think i will need to start from zero again (format and reinstall everything).
Could you explain your issues. Do you have problems with opencv, network connectivity or something else.

As Albert Einstein told us: "Das Problem zu erkennen, ist wichtiger, als die Lösung zu erkennen, denn die genaue Darstellung des Problems führt zur Lösung. "

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan