Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Using AirData to Log Tello Flights

Chrislaf

Reaction score
Since AirData can now import DAT files, you can use it to log your Tello Flights. Although the information you get is limited, it still gives you some useful info like Total Flights, Longest Flight Time, Fastest Speed, Highest Altitude, Total Air Time, and specific information for each flight. You can also add a Flight Description to make notes about your flight which I find very useful. AirData is free for a basic account or you can get a paid account which allows you to customize more information.

If you just have a Tello and no other GPS drone then I don't think any of the paid plans are worth it since the Tello DAT file only has limited info anyway. I have a paid AirData account that I use to track my GPS drones but I opened a free account to use just for the Tello.

It's too bad that the flight path data doesn't show up in the map view. I know you can use csvView to plot the flight path but you don't get all the other info that AirData gives you.

Here's some screen shots from my AirData free (Tello) account.

Chris

Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 3.53.27 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 3.53.58 PM.png

Thank you for showing this. In Canada we need to log all of our flight time. I will se if this is compatible with my other drones. TTFN, Ta Ta For Now..... Woo Hoo Hoo Hoo (Too much Winnie the Pooh)

Thank you for showing this. In Canada we need to log all of our flight time. I will se if this is compatible with my other drones. TTFN, Ta Ta For Now..... Woo Hoo Hoo Hoo (Too much Winnie the Pooh)
I'm in Canada as well. I don't think the new rules will apply to Tello as it is below the weight required to register your drone, but I haven't yet checked all the details so I could be wrong. At least we have until June to figure it all out.

Chris

it is useful but not for me... just fly til it is broken or lost haha

I opened a free account at AirData websit and uploaded all of my old DAT files from stock Tello app and aTelloPilot app.

I hope in a next future they can manage and plot Tello position data. For now it is only interesting for controlling flight times.

airdata.jpg

Raul
-----

Reactions: Chrislaf
I am assuming this is only valid for Android users, right? What about iOS users, do they have the chance to get logs via Tello App? so far from the AirData app, they don't have listed the tello app, so I would guess those above logs were taken directly from root of the android phones?

I am assuming this is only valid for Android users, right? What about iOS users, do they have the chance to get logs via Tello App? so far from the AirData app, they don't have listed the tello app, so I would guess those above logs were taken directly from root of the android phones?
No, it works great for iOS users. I'm on iOS. You just connect your phone to your computer, launch iTunes, go to the file sharing section and find the Tello app. You should be able to see the 'log' folder which has all of your Tello flights in DAT format. In AirData, you do a manual upload and your flights should appear. If you have lots of flights just import them in chunks otherwise they might not all get imported.

AirData only gives you limited info for Tello, but I find it very useful. I also enjoy writing short descriptions of my flights to note where I flew and any special details of the flight. Also, I find the total flights, longest flight time, etc. very useful. Although, I have a paid AirData account to log my GPS drones, I opened a free one for Tello. I don't think it is useful to use the paid one since you only get limited info.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Reactions: ascernas
No, it works great for iOS users. I'm on iOS. You just connect your phone to your computer, launch iTunes, go to the file sharing section and find the Tello app. You should be able to see the 'log' folder which has all of your Tello flights in DAT format. In AirData, you do a manual upload and your flights should appear. If you have lots of flights just import them in chunks otherwise they might not all get imported.

AirData only gives you limited info for Tello, but I find it very useful. I also enjoy writing short descriptions of my flights to note where I flew and any special details of the flight. Also, I find the total flights, longest flight time, etc. very useful. Although, I have a paid AirData account to log my GPS drones, I opened a free one for Tello. I don't think it is useful to use the paid one since you only get limited info.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Oh ok! Thank you Chris

AirData only gives you limited info for Tello, but I find it very useful. I also enjoy writing short descriptions of my flights to note where I flew and any special details of the flight. Also, I find the total flights, longest flight time, etc. very useful. Although I have a paid AirData account to log my GPS drones, I opened a free one for Tello. I don't think it is useful to use the paid one since you only get limited info.

Hope this helps.

Chris

It worked like a charm. Thank you very much! I have learned something today!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv