Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Video - Snowy Duck Pond

sousmarine

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Last Tuesday we had a perfect day for this time of year: sunny skies, temperature just above freezing and almost no wind. I took the Tello to a nearby duck pond before work and shot the scenes below.

I like trying to simulate the look of film and took this opportunity to try going for a ‘60s - ‘70s infomercial/documentary type feel. Hope you’ll enjoy it.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!!

Hi everyone,

Last Tuesday we had a perfect day for this time of year: sunny skies, temperature just above freezing and almost no wind. I took the Tello to a nearby duck pond before work and shot the scenes below.

I like trying to simulate the look of film and took this opportunity to try going for a ‘60s - ‘70s infomercial/documentary type feel. Hope you’ll enjoy it.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!!
Well I enjoyed it - mainly because I am sitting in 40 degrees heat in Perth and it made me feel cool. Good look that vintage recreation..nailed it! Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: sousmarine
Wow great job! Really well filmed. All I usually do is take it up high and just take pictures XD I might try something like this next time I'm at a nice place.

I'm always surprised how good you can make the video look if you have some skills. Nicely done.

Wow great job! Really well filmed. All I usually do is take it up high and just take pictures XD I might try something like this next time I'm at a nice place.

I'm always surprised how good you can make the video look if you have some skills. Nicely done.

Thank you Nahuel!! It makes my day to see this video inspire you. The little great Tello drone gives us so much opportunity. Thinking of it as a flying camera meant a lot to me. Can’t wait to see the video ideas you’ll come up with!

Well I enjoyed it - mainly because I am sitting in 40 degrees heat in Perth and it made me feel cool. Good look that vintage recreation..nailed it! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you imguy :) I should retract my statement about a near-perfect day for this time of year. I'd take +40 Celsius right about now!

Last edited:
Hi very nice !
How many batteries did you used and how many records ?
Just to know
Thks

Eurobouzou - thank you! I used two batteries to shoot this. Was in this park for a bit over half an hour. I took many clips that I ended up discarding - basically any clip with yaw movement!

Did u use any software for video editing..I usually use Adobe premiere clip

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Welcome!

Vijaykirann, for this video the only software I used was VirtualDub. It’s old and not fancy at all, you can’t even do transitions; but it’s a great barebones program to resize, change the frame rate, and apply some simple filters - which for this style of editing works great.

Hi Sousmarine, I enjoyed watching your video. Just the right length and variety of clips to keep interest right the way through. Excellent work ??.
I have been very surprised to discover how good some footage from the camera can be.
Even nice and stable through the clip where you appear to be over water for a short distance. I’m looking forward to using mine in those tight spaces where I don’t really want to risk flying with my bigger drone.
Thanks and look forward to more of your videos

Mike357 thank you for the kind words!! That was exactly what I was going for. And indeed, flying over water turns out to not be as scary an experience as some of the videos on YouTube make it out to be, not sure if the firmware updates made it better or what.

I’m often impressed by the camera on the little Tello as well - give it enough light, stable flight, good wifi signal with a repeater fed by at least 2 amps, as well as the right exposure and max bitrate and it gives us some very pleasant video. 1080p would be nice but I guess resolution isn’t everything. The Canon XL1 for example was an iconic camera for its time, numerous feature films shot with it, and technically it had a lower resolution than our Tello’s camera. Ok, not really a fair comparison - but still.

Reactions: mike357 and nahuel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97bugsinthecode