Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Video stream range vs. controls range / Vonets VAP11S repeater

Little hint: If you fly in a country, where more than 20 dBm are allowed for 2.4 Ghz, you can set the VAP11S also to 23 dBm. Together with the exposed antennas, this should give a good range. Problem ist the little antenna on the Tello.

It's a bit ahead of my knowledge about networks 😅
Thanks

Little hint: If you fly in a country, where more than 20 dBm are allowed for 2.4 Ghz, you can set the VAP11S also to 23 dBm. Together with the exposed antennas, this should give a good range. Problem ist the little antenna on the Tello.
Hi any recommendations for a repeater that can be bought in the UK?

The Vonets VAP11S (2.4 GHz) discussed in this thread is also available in UK. Saw it on ebay.co.uk and at Amazon.co.uk.

Reactions: Weapon90
The Vonets VAP11S (2.4 GHz) discussed in this thread is also available in UK. Saw it on ebay.co.uk and at Amazon.co.uk.
I’m new to drone flying and opted for the Tello as a way to learn to piloting drones, I don’t want to spend too much on a repeater, are there less expensive options? The price of the Xiaomi is appealing but none in stock anywhere, I saw the TP Link N300 Nano router but wondered if the 100 mbs is too slow?

The TP-Link WN822N does not seem to support a repeater mode.

The N300 Nano supports a repeater mode but only has internal (PCB-)antennas, so I would not expect that level of range extension that the VAP11S could provide.

The TP-Link WN822N does not seem to support a repeater mode.

The N300 Nano supports a repeater mode but only has internal (PCB-)antennas, so I would not expect that level of range extension that the VAP11S could provide.
Thank you, so looking for something USB powered with antennas and with a repeater mode is there a required speed?

(Maximum) speed is not really an issue. The maximum bitrate for video transmission of Tello is 4 Mbps.

It's more about transmission power and good antennas. Transmission power for 2.4 GHz is limited to 20 dBm in Europe. The VAP11S also can be switched to 23 dBm for countries that allow this.

Reactions: Weapon90
(Maximum) speed is not really an issue. The maximum bitrate for video transmission of Tello is 4 Mbps.

It's more about transmission power and good antennas. Transmission power for 2.4 GHz is limited to 20 dBm in Europe. The VAP11S also can be switched to 23 dBm for countries that allow this.
Ok thank you, I managed to find a site in the US that will ship to the UK all in for 18 dollars on the Xiaomi repeater so will see what happens with that!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv