Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

VOLTAGE Xiaomi Repeater 2 VS DJI tello.

Ledams34

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I need some help with my Tello and the Xiaomi repeater 2 assembly on board.

Of course I followed the instructions like we could see on this forum (@raulvolador) . I modificated the Xiaomi to be able to put on board and to connect with USB-B. But unfortunately, that doesnt work. After to read specs, I saw that the battery from Tello give 3,7V and the Xiaomi need 5v.
Also I didn't understand why that work for @raulvolador (for example) and not for me ? And if anyone know the solution... please help me :).

Thank you very much.
Regard. Damien. 😉

The Tello can put out 5 volt, to do that you need to look again at the instructions and look at the pins that you need to go to ground or the plus, I can't recall which pin needed to be pulled high or low but I'm sure you can find that in the post with the instructions.

Keep in mind when you have the repeater mounted on your drone that your flight time will be much less because of the extra weight and the repeater is pretty power hungry so you can expect that your Tello starts to give you battery warnings much faster.

If your goal is to get the most distance between you and the drone the better option to my op[inion is to take a power pack with you for the repeater and then put the repeater as far away from where you are and still be able to connect to your phone, that will increase the maximum distance you can fly away with your drone from where you take off. Another thing that really helps getting more distance is putting the repeater up higher.

Thank you. I know that the change May discrease the performance of the power bank. if you know where I can find thé information about "pin setting" it's interesting for me? But I'm surprise, because how a battery with 3,7v could send 5v. I'm really curious about it.

Thank you. I know that the change May discrease the performance of the power bank. if you know where I can find thé information about "pin setting" it's interesting for me? But I'm surprise, because how a battery with 3,7v could send 5v. I'm really curious about it.
Below you see what you need to connect to ground with a 100 Kilo ohm resistor, what says phone (host) is the same as the Tello connector.

In your case you don't have to worry about the data pins because you don't use them.

The Tello will put out 5 volt because it must have a boost converter built-in, that's what I've read online somewhere but I never tested that myself so I'm not 100% sure if that's the case.
I don't recommend you to short out the Sense/ID to ground without a resistor, I know that other people are doing that but if you don't want to damage your Tello it's wise to use a resistor of at least 10 Kilo ohm or above up to 100 Kilo ohm that doesn't really matter but a 10 Kilo ohm resistor at a maximum of 5 volt will prevent any high current going to ground or going back into the Sense/ID pin and save the Tello from any damage.

1628973636515.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv