Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

What is tellos max onboard mbps?

Customerx

Reaction score
What is the tellos onboard max Mbps output? Anybody measured this or read it anywhere?

Is that bytes or bits. I realise the video quality output is 4mbps but is this the WiFi output?

Still working this out.
Way I figure this....
The TELLO puts out say 4 Mbps / would have been at a cut down rate of by eighth so onboard its would you say 32mbps?

The Xiaomi is 300 mbps cut down by eighth 37.5 mbps
Believe most phones are around say 70 Mbps, say around 8.75.

So TELLO 32
Xiaomi 300
Phone 70

This would mean in comparison
TELLO 4
Xiaomi 37.5
Phone 8.75

Surely my maths is out.. does anyone have a better understanding on this?

No clue what you are talking about or trying to achieve or proof.

And I do have some understanding of bits & bytes.

I'm trying to work out why the Xiaomi onboard is a better connection than just to the TELLO.
I get that an ordinary internet connection speed is not what it says.
Example I get a 50mb connection from virgin yet cannot download at that rate, obviously lol it's more about 9.
So what I'm trying to figure is the exact speed or near to it of all the parts. Phone, TELLO and Xiaomi.
My wording isn't brilliant I know lol

What you asked for has nothing to do with what you want to know.

You asked for transmission speed but what you are trying to understand is the difference in stability of a wifi link. This is way more complicated than the simple Mpbs figure you asked for.
If you really want to understand whats going on you need dedicated RF equipment and knowledge about very complicated matters. Stuff like link saturation, collision avoidance, signal to noise ratios, sensitivity, frequency tuning of antennas, transmission power, antenna polarization, radiation patterns, ... come to my mind. Plus a hundred other things

And I'm no expert for this domain. Lets say: I know enough about this to understand that I know nothing. Certainly not enough to jump to conclusions.

Fair enough :)
I appreciate there are alot of factors involved, I was just looking for a rough idea. Thanks anyhow.. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv