Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Where to begin in order to program a tello EDU and eventually a small swarm?

andrewscharff

Reaction score
Hello folks, I was playing around with SWIFT and a Parrot but I found it limiting so I think I'd like to learn Python for Tello EDU or Robomaster TT but I can't find any good resources for anyone of my beginner level. Anyone have any advice. Thanks - Andrew

YouTube is a wealth of information. Here is something to get you started.

YouTube is a wealth of information. Here is something to get you started.
Thanks Lowlife, I will check this out. I was doing pretty well with the video below and then around the 1 hour mark, I just hit a wall and couldn't get things to work anymore. I hope I'm at least on the right track with Python. I need to fine some info on how to work with IDEs period. Thanks again.

Hello folks, I was playing around with SWIFT and a Parrot but I found it limiting so I think I'd like to learn Python for Tello EDU or Robomaster TT but I can't find any good resources for anyone of my beginner level. Anyone have any advice. Thanks - Andrew

Hello. please set our Youtube site at MECATX, We have severer videos there on this subject, to include swarms. Easiest to start with is Tello EDU app. Next move onto Mind+. Swarm flying is not easy. Just keep practicing.

Hello. please set our Youtube site at MECATX, We have severer videos there on this subject, to include swarms. Easiest to start with is Tello EDU app. Next move onto Mind+. Swarm flying is not easy. Just keep practicing.
Thanks Dan, Is this your channel? https://www.youtube.com/user/mecatx I couldn't find the videos on swarm. You have an impressive number of videos there. I will check MIND+ out. I'm hoping to use Python so that I'm not restricted to 1 second increments, but I guess when starting out I shouldn't be too picky. Thanks again.

If you want to go into Tello formation programming with Python (Tello EDU required), GitHub - TelloSDK/Multi-Tello-Formation: A Sample Code that implements the formation function of multiple tellos is good starting point.

Problem is, that the code still is based on Python 2.7 and not Python 3.x. You will have to make some adaptions to get it running under Python 3. At the end, it could look like this:

If you want to go into Tello formation programming with Python (Tello EDU required), GitHub - TelloSDK/Multi-Tello-Formation: A Sample Code that implements the formation function of multiple tellos is good starting point.

Problem is, that the code still is based on Python 2.7 and not Python 3.x. You will have to make some adaptions to get it running under Python 3. At the end, it could look like this:
Thank you for all of this information. I think it's beyond me for now but I'll definitely keep it bookmarked for the future.

Can anyobody help me get this working on the Tello Ipad app? I have two drones, I can see both wifi networks in my ipad settings, but when I click on Search drones nothing happens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv