Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Which Tello app is better

Domikk

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Im new here so sorry for this question but which app is better first of all for photo quality, secondly for video quality- atello app, or fpv Tello app?

And another question is there any good app for iOS device or this two app’s are only for android, and iOS device got only normall Tello app?

For photo quality they are all exactly the same, as the photo file is created onboard by Tello and just downloaded. The app does nothing about photo quality.
TelloFpv has a few nice features like self timer, easier EV setting, auto-correction of angled horizon, stamping the altitude onto the image, fixing a few glitches in some gallery appps, etc.
aTello (not aTelloPilot, different app) is not an app but a concept. You can play with it, source is available.

Why not just check the apps out? TelloFpv has a free demo, and for aTelloPilot you can get an automated refund within 2 hrs of purchase (as with any other app).

IOS has only the normal tello app. And there is Tellloooo (or so) which can do panorama shots but not much else.

There are actually 5 apps commonly available that fly the Tello:

1. Tello app by Ryze - Playstore
- I can't remember when was the last time I used this
2. aTello by Krag - github
- I used this one a lot until TelloFPV came along
3. DroneVR+ - Playstore (don't bother)
- free for Tello but minimal functionality.

and then the two good ones:

4. aTelloPilot by bluejune - Playstore
- Dev just recently dropped an update, lots of functionality but UI still needs work
5. TelloFPV by volate!lo - Playstore
- I use this one 99% of my Tello flight time, frequent updates, responsive Dev, it just keeps getting better. Skip all the other BS and just get this one!

Reactions: Domikk
Interesting that there are no IOS apps for the Tello
Yes, I dont understand this too...

volate!lo is one man - who knows Java and Android and hardware very very well. Not a team of programmers, not a global collaboration like firefox, not a corporate department, one man - who knows Java and Android very very well.

Developing an app for iOS is very different, more difficult, and a royal PITA. And the return would be very small in comparison

Ok but I was thinking wy no one else do some good app to iOS?

The main reason: it just is no business. There is no money to be earned - otherwise some chinese company would do it. But even in low cost countries professional developers cost more than the revenue of such an app.
So apps are either developed by the drone vendor and paid with the drone or done by hobbyists. I bet litchi was borne as a hobby project.

Obviously no Apple hobby developer has had the need to build an app for Tello. The Ryze app seems to be better on IOS, at least much better video quality.
Also one reason is that many (not all! ) apple developers are more of the "hey, sexy UI and cool sounds!" type. Generally more graphics oriented folks than true software engineers. These folks would have some trouble doing the low level bit & byte protocol analysis required to build an app like TelloFpv.

Developing such an app for IOS would be easier than for Android because the market is not fragmented with hundreds of Android versions and thousands of phone models. But its just not my thing, I am not interested in Apple, I don't have the time, I don't feel like spending $2-3k just for the initial setup (mac book, a couple of use iPhones, iPads, etc).

Keep in mind: Tello is already pretty old, and may be discontinued any time. I doubt it will do another year, which leaves very little time for an IOS version to pay for itself (after 3-4 months dev time).

There IS an iOS Tello App at the App store!! Just TelloFPV is only Android.
I know that the standard Tello app is avaible in iOS App Store but my question was about other app’s for apple devices and like I heard the good apps are only for android. So I need to say hello to my Old Huawei P9lite ... ehhh ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv