Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Wind question

Tello's maximum speed from official Tello app is from 1m/s (8m/s in fast mode), if using SDK it is limited to 1m/s.

so I believe to fly Tello, the wind speed should less than 1m/s (3.6kph)
or if you plan to fly it with wind speed ~8kph, you should use Fast Mode in the official Tello app.

similar to lift off ratio, Tello's speed should be higher than wind speed for it to move and be in control.

Last edited:
Reactions: fwilkowski2017
Hi. This is my first time responding, so bear with me!! Regarding the max wind for the Tello, i dont fly in anything stronger than 18 km/h (11mph). When i tested out the max ranges, i had gusts of 18 km/h and it almost came to a standstill when fighting those gusts. Its so much fun to fly this little bugger, but i would advise to keep an eye on your battery level when the wind picks up so you have enough juice to get home. Also. When i find that im having a hard time fighting the wind, i always lower my altitude since the wind speed is slower the closer you get to ground level. Hope this helped, and keep flying!!!!

Reactions: fwilkowski2017
Just keep in mind that in some higher winds, even if tello can still fly, it would be hard to control. Just do not fly in any wind faster than the lowest wind speed than your fan.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv